Thursday, September 07, 2006

blackjack is evil

so I went back to UB which i think really stands for Ultimate Blackjack, basedon their recent software "upgrades."

It was late last night and I didnt feel like sitting in a ring game, so I thought I would see what the multiplayer BJ tourneys were all about. I signed up for a $1 tourney. Basically its a blackjack stt, where you try to accumulate more chips than the other players in 30 hands, with elimination hands every 10 hands or so.

One guy got dealt 4 blackjacks in the first 10 hands. I ended up going out 3rd at about 15 hands. Only the top 2 spots pay.

I thought I would mosey over tot the single player blackjack and see what the stakes were. Min bet was $1, I sat with $10 and watched the dealer get dealt 3 black jacks in 7 hands, every time an ace was up it was over for me. I was only betting a single dollar, and was even or down $1. I decided to increase my bet to $3, dealer hit another black jack. this left me $6, I decided to bet $2, dealt TT with dealer showing a 3. I split for a 19 and 18. dealer showed 3-8, hit for a T.... blackjack is so rigged. I decided it was time to cut my losses and took my last $2 back to my poker acct.

I played a short 6 max $10nl session and picked up ~$6 of my losses before calling it a night.

Man I am happy to be back at UB, although there are currently issues with pahud on UB. The display positions arent working quite right with the recent upgrade. I am not concerned about it though since I have been working on playing without pahud. I did notice one player at one of my tables last night who was down ~$400 at the $1o level. I'm not sure how he escaped my friends list but that was quickly resolved.

I like the idea of breaking my monthly goal down into a daily target. It makes the goal feel much more attainable. I am trying to think of a good target for next month, butthink I will have a better idea of what I shoudl strive for once this month is closing up.

Today being the 7th my goal is/was to be at $121.40, I am currently sitting with $175.61. Obviously my bonuses have helped a little, but I'll take it anyway I can get it. Next month I will have a little rakeback assisting in my goals.

I'll probably update my bankroll, playing stats later tonight. Good luck at the tables and thanks for stoping by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home