Wednesday, August 23, 2006

a lossing day

i ended up dropping 28 bb over 2 sessions. I forgot to grab my stats for the first session, but here are the stats for second session.

During current Stud H/L session you were dealt 368 hands and:
- saw fourth street 103 times (27%)
- saw fifth street 79 times (21%)
- saw sixth street 57 times (15%)
- reached showdown 42 times (11%)
Pots won at showdown - 32 of 42 (76%)
Pots won without showdown - 25

I really want to get pokertracker stud, but cant afford to pull $60 out of my br for it right now.

I was playing 2-3 tables tonight. at one point another player stated that a nother player on the table was requesting to play hu with me in a $50 stt. obviously this would be ludacris given my bankroll. but i found it funny. It didnt take me long to figure out the other player had revoked chat privledges and it was probably for steaming and talking shit to other players.

i went through the rest of the session telling him he shouldnt steam, and that its not good for his health. now this could cause him to steam more, but i really meant it. its so pointless to get worked up over a poker GAME to the point that your blood pressure is bulding, your thoughts and judgement are blurred and you are no longer focusing on the GAME but rather vengance.

I used to have a terrible temper, and at the time a total disregard for the law or well being of others. (Hence the nickname scaryjerry) It ended up getting me into trouble, obviously this is a natural progression. I was fortunate enough to never kill anyone, and when I injured others it could be interpretted as self defense during the times that law enforcement became involved.

I did pickup a couple of charges though, and it resulted in a one year anger management program. Its kind of funny though, because the program was only a 6 month program but they gave me double.... So I got to hear everything twice.

At the time I thought it was a total bullshit program. Towards the end I can definetly say it had a positve influence on me. I learned some conflict resolution techniques and how to deal with my anger and adrenaline. It wasnt a magic remedy by any means. I would still have situations that came up where I would go over the edge, but they werent as often.

I took this class 10-9 years ago. Over the years I have learned how to deal withthings a little better, and how to avoid those situations that would likely send me over the edge. I also learned to deal with the minor annoyances that in the big picture dont really matter and arent worth getting worked up over.

I think the people that steam at the poker table are the same fools that have road rage. The cant see the big picture and come to the realization that in the short term its sucks when someone sucks out on you (or cuts you off) but in the long term its not going to affect your destination.

I am at the point in my poker playing where if someone sucks out on me through terrible play the most extreme thing I will say is "solid" or "gh". Even then its rare that I make those comments, less than 5% of the time. Why bring attention to the fish at the table or scare them off?

Personally, I play poker because I enjoy it; win or lose. I couldnt imagine enjoying it if I spazzed out everytime some idiot sucked out on me, and felt like i had to berate them and head hunt.

It's just not worth it, in the long run the only person you are affecting with this type of behavior is yourself. Your causing yourself to put extra mileage on your body, and affecting your enjoyment of the game.

thanks for reading and gl at the tables

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home