Monday, March 06, 2006

Short session for the day

I played a really short session tonight. I decided to take a shot at the $.1/.25 game even though I dont have a bankroll that can afford to play that level with out the risk of ruin. However, if i lost I was prepared to step back and mitigate my losses.

The only reason I decided to take a shot was because I was listening to the circuit on cardplayer and Matasow was presented the question of what limits are appropriate for a $3k br. He responded 5/10NL, I thought this was absured advice, because you only have 3 buyins before you are broke. but the key I guess is not to go broke and step down if you loose a signifcant amount. While I wouldnt do something that aggressive I agree that if you dont take a chance you will never know what you are capable of and if you run good you can double or triple your bankroll. While Matasow is obviously a gambling degenerate in the worst form, his advice did have some merit. I then was reading a pokerfox members blog and he said he was playing 1/2 with a $750 br, and has turned it into 1750 in just a few days. The key is to play well, and not give up your edge.

Anyway I 5 tabled at UB the $25 NL game buying in for $20 on 3 tables and $15 on 2 tables. About 20-30mins and I had a profit of $20 or so, not sure of the exact #'s. I know I didnt take down any big pots even though I had some good hands. Most of my wins came from small pots, except when I was dealt AA and a player in EP went allin with ~$5 with AQ, I ended up with Aces full of 4's and taking down $6 in profit or so.

Anyway I am tired tonight and not going to play anymore, I am going to bed early to get some needed rest. My son had me up all night last night and I had a long day at work.

for my exact #'s : I played 137 hands and had a profit of $16.00. I'll take it as long as I'm winning I wont complain. Its doesnt cover my weekend losses, but its a dent in it for sure.

balances:
UB- $108.04/$25.73 bonus
Stars - $14.27
total - $122.31 (+17.47)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home