Saturday, March 04, 2006

Not alot to report lately.

I havent played much this week. I've been catching up on some sleep and arguing with my wife. Two of my favorite pasttimes. My wife is pregnant right now, and getting nice and emotional. Its not conducive to playing poker. In fact I think on Wednesday she had me steaming and I logged a short losing session, then I realized I had better give that up quick and cut my losses short.

For the most part my play this past week has consisted of the 0.01/0.02 & 0.05/.1 NL games. I had transfered about $30 onto stars to play a $3r satellite, it didnt pan out for me but I only invested $12 into it, not badfor being the rebuy maniac that I am. If I think I am less than a 60/40 dog my $ is going in during the rebuy. ANyway, I played a $11 STT, and lost my internet connection. I was out for at least 20mins and when I got back in I was surprised to see that only 1 person had gone out. STT's are getting alot tougher these days, I think alot of people are trying to build bankrolls at them, and are constantly improving their game. I used to have no problem running over a $11 or $22 STT, but lately I notice that he players are a little more crafty, and can lay down hands when they might not be getting the best of it.

I emailed UB and had them bump up the amount of tables I can play to 5 now. Thats a lot better, at least I can fill my screen with 4 tables, and if I hook up my flat panel to my laptop can 8 table without overlap.

I also picked up $10 from Absolute this week, I have that up to $20 right now playing .05/.1 with a min $4 buyin. I'd like to boost that up to something reasonable before I take it out. Their is just not enough game selection at Absolute in the micro NL games at least for full ring. There were plenty of SH tables, but I'm definetly not BR'd to play 6 max NL. There were only 2 full tables going earlier, I endedup starting a table b/c I saw about 5 ppl on the wait list. I guess some people are scared to play SH'd. I'm not scared or intimidated by it, I just need to see more cards for my blinds right now.

I was playing 3 tables the other night, and got dealt the same hand on 2 tables, while on the button at the same time. kinda crazy. Here's the screenshot.

I ended up seeing the flop on both hands just for shits and giggles, but nothing came for me, and I folded them both off to flop bets.

I'm doing pretty well in my little challenge. Although its kinda feels weak playing such a low limit. I was reading on P5's or 2+2 and someone responded to a post and said that the stakes you are playing arent important as long as you are winning, and not risking your bankroll, you will eventually move up if you can consitantly beat the level you are at. I am beating this level at >10bb/100 and risking less than 5% of my bankroll each time I buy into a table. So I am trying to be optimistic about it.

I almost let my ADD get to me the other night. I thought, well I can afford to buyin to a .25/.5 a couple times and take a shot, but I was tired and convinced myself not to play. I'm glad I didnt, b/c the next day I saw the post above, and realize that in time I will be buying into the $50NL and risking less than 5% of my bankroll.

I also have been looking for poker audio and podcasts to listen to during my commute. I've already listened to all of the cardplayer radio shows (and some more than twice), actually they have had a couple gems on their.

I found the audio where chris ferguson talks about how he turned $1 into $20k in a couple months. He actually lost his first $1 but was golden after that. Anyway here is the audio link for that.


http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/images/ourTeam/util/downloadmedia.php?fileurl=http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/images/ourTeam/audio/&filename=Pod02-Jesus-Bankroll.mp3&filesize=7203843

I will probably link to the other poker audio that I found this weekend sometime. Except for the podcasts that sucked!

Well thats all I have right now, its late and I am going to finish my Guiness before I go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home