Thursday, February 23, 2006

Well this could turn out not to be such a bad thing after all....

I am actually building my bankroll back up, slowly but surely, playing donk bingo... I dont know why I am so exciited about having a $30 bankroll. Considering I was playing $33-$55 sitngo's a few weeks back. O well I cant afford to look back, and have to keep my eyes focused.

I think all of my Tournament play and limit play acctually improved my NL cash game skills. I can lay down hands I never could before, Its like the first hand of a tournament every hand, except I have info on my opponents already. I have learned patience playing the MTT's and how to set traps.

I'm no longer playing the top 4 hands with a push or fold strategy. I am playing fairly tight and after 1k hands I have a VP$P of 18%. Honestly that is probably the tightest I have ever played. I am usually up near 26%. An online freind of mine who is a professional online and live player were talking poker strategy about 6 or 8 months ago. When we were talking about NL cash games he told me that NL cash games are easy, just never bluff off all of your chips. That doesnt mean you cant take a stab at a pot when you have position, or a solid draw. I dont know I have been thinking about alot of the things we discussed then while I am grinding it out in the copper mine. Of course he plays the highest limits on prima that are nothing like the games I am playing. Playing these ultra-micro stakes is even more reason not to bluff. So I have just been playing solid poker.

I was reviewing my hand histories and charts for the last 2 weeks, and am just dissapointed in myself. I really need to start playing with some sort of stop loss in place. My plummet resembled the face of El Capitan, it was straight down, with only the minor and insignificant rebound. Over my last week tho0ugh its shown a nice steady increase.

I am really proud that I have been able to grind my bankroll back up. OF course its only a fraction of what I lost, but I was able to humble myself and go down to limits I've never really played at except to steam. I think a the point where I realized I had to stop, my bankroll on UB was about $5.31. That was about monday night, currently my UB bankroll is $30.61. I also picked up some rakeback of $26.44 today. I swapped that on FTP to stars with one of the good guys at pfox so that I can play the members tourney tonight on stars, but right now I am to tired to play, and dont want to put 25% of my bankroll on the line when I am so exhausted. I have had good luck in the members tourney's lately, and could use the added bankroll boost. Its nice to play a sitngo with agroup of guys who know whats going on and dont make all kinds of crazy donk moves. Unfortunately I am going to have to exercise some sort of sanity, and not enter it when I am not in a position to play optimally.

So anyway I'll continue to grind the penny tables at UB at least until I clear off my bonus $'s. Right now I have $23 in bonus $'s left. I figure thats going to take me about 3k hands to clear. The bonus isnt to bad though playing 3 tables at once. I always sit at the tables with the highest avg. hand value, and its clearing faster than the blinds are hitting me. Doesnt seem like much but right now every little bit counts.


I got my Nevada Jacks Chips today, I am really torn on whether I should keep them or not. They are real nice but the ebay value on the is about $125. I dont know just cant decide, I dont really want to get rid of them though.... desicions, desicions.

Enough babbling, I'm going to bed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home