Sunday, February 26, 2006

Boosted my Homegame Bankroll

So my homegame profits for the year were sitting at $135. I went to play yesterday afternoon. We were supposed to play a $20 game and then a $50 game. When I showed up there were only 5 other people there, others had called and siad they would be late.

We decided to start a short handed game with 1400 chips, blinds starting at 25/50 and 20 min levels. I didnt start out to well when I had one player to my left always coming over the top of my raises, even though I had hands, I didnt have a strong enough hand to call him. I ended up down to the felt early. Some how I squeeked out a comeback and ended up being the chip leader. When we were 3 handed the blinds were about 200/400. I was on the button and dealt 5s3s. The bb had been raising every time he was on bb for 2x. I decided to call figuring if the flop hit me it would likely miss him. Wham flop 5cJs3c, bb bet out 800, I paused and the nraised it to 1600, he called. turn was a Qh, bb went allin, I was really concerned, I knew there was a possibility he had hit top 2 pair. The way he played it, that was certainly what I thought he held. I also gave him some credit for AQ giving him TPTK. I decided to call, he showed Qc8c and didnt improve on the river.

We normally play winner take all when short handed but I offered the last player his buyin backfor 2nd, he jumped on the offer immediately, considering I had him out chipped at least 12 to 1. So I took down an $80 profit on that game. After this game finished up we had 4 more players show. We couldnt talk them into playing for higher stakes, so we played another $20 game, paying 60%/30%/10%. I was down to the felt early when trying to make a move on a hand. I was on the button, UTG bet 2x bb, and everyone called all the way around. I had Ah8h, and made it 500. We had started with 2000 in chips, and the blinds were 25/50. I ended up getting one caller. The same player who was coming over the top of me in the first game. The flop came out and missed me, I bet another 500 into it and he pushed all in. I had to flod, I dont know if he could beat A high, but I couldnt afford to find out.

I was down to 100 chips in the sb when the blinds were 100/200. I won the main pot of 700 when every one called. I had kd8d, and ended up floping a K and a K on the river. those chips didnt last long, and by the time the bb was back to me I was allin again, this time with Qd9d, I had 3 people in the hand, and won the pot. I was back in the game before I knew it. In fact I was second in chips with 5000 vs 5800. the blinds were up to 400/800 I was one off the button. UTG+2 opened up for a raise of 2xbb. This put 2800 in the pot. I look down to KsJs. The player who was UTG+1 was the same player who I had been dealing with all night. I decided to push hoping he would fold his hand since he had the chip lead. I thought about it and CALLED! showing KhQd. The board missed us both and I was out.

We played another game after this one for $30 this time. 3 players had left. we started this game with 3,000 in chips. I took down a couple big pots in the first few hands, but before you knew it I was back into a nother HU pot with the same clown. He kept tellin me he had a vendetta against me, but I let teh ass monkey have his buyin back in the first game.

Anyway I had KK in LP and he was on the bb, I made it 3.5xbb and he called. flop was 7s7h4c. He bet out a small amount and I went allin. He turned over 7c8c.... and I was drawing to 2 outs, and didnt improve.

So that game was over for me, but before you know it that guy was done 2. Then he asked me if I wanted to play heads up for $20. Me Heads up? Hell YA! bring it on, but I told him I would only play him HU Limit Cash for 50/1. I had brought my NJ chips and we both bought in for $20. I busted his head so quick. So he bought in again for $20. Didnt take me long to clean that out either. So that helped bring my profits back up. He didnt want to play anymore after that. It was a quit enjoyable experience for me to take him down for some extra cash. He's a pretty cocky little punk anyway. He actually started out in the lead when we first started but it didnt take me long to comeback and reclaim my $. All the HU games I have played really payed off, the chance to take him down was worth more than I lost last week.

Anyway, I scrapped out a $70 profit and had a good time hanging with friends. One of the guys told me about another home game with an $80 buyin and the play mixed games. He invited me to it, but its on monday nights, so I might not be able to get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home