Tuesday, June 20, 2006

An unexpected break

I havent played any since last thursday. I have been taking care of some spousal duties, i.e., building a privacy fence for my wife.

Its been a long five days, Prior to beginning my project I pinched a nerve in my shoulder/back so I have been rather gimpy. My whole left arm is numb. Its similar to the feeling you get when you it in the wrong position for a while and your leg falls a sleep. Additionally, my elbow has a sharp paing associtated with the pinched nerve, and some back/shoulder pain.

It's been rough, I have a history of back problems so I have stash of vicoden for such an occassion. Even with taken them in a prescribed manner and alternating heat and cold on my back, I have had little success in dilluting the pain.

I have probably enabled the problem to continue longer than normal b/c I have been relentless at trying to complete the fence. Its about 250 ft (fortunantely my neighbor had alreazdy instaleld one of the shared runs, eliminating about 1/3 of my task. At this point I have all the posts set, and all the lateral structural pieces installed. I am installing individual pickets and have about 2/3 complete, and have to build the gates.

I am going to continue to work on the fence until I have it done. Fortunately tommorrow's forcast calls for rain, so I am going to take the evening off. I doubt I will get in any playing time though. I think I will play withthe kids and crash out early when they are off to bed.

I hope to get back on the tables by this weekend. Honestly this is a nice break. I am not taking the break b/c I have been playing poorly(I actually feel the opposite is true and that I have been playing well). I am looking fowad to getting back int othe game and continuing my run based on the strategies I had already put in place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home