Monday, June 12, 2006

trying some new things

I decided to work on a couple of things. First off, I havent datamined the games and its easy to do. I set that up yesterday. Since I didnt have many stats on players at my current level I let 9 tables run while I was out with the family. I am not sure it worked real well though. Before we left I noticed my wife had shut my laptop and put my computer on standby. I opened it up and tried to get it running before we left, but I think some of the tables were hung up.

I noticed that I seem to have a problem with pahud when I have 9 tables open on UB. I dont get my stats diplayed, but it pulls hh's. I checked the pahud forums and didnt see the issue listed, so I am trying to pinpoint what triggers it b4 I post a message for josh. I did notice that there were some posts regarding missing UB handhistories all together, and he seems to be working on that issue.

Missing hand histories has a significant impact on my stats I have noticed. I usually notice hwen the stats are off if I am only playing one or 2 tables, and the win/loss is significant. Sometimes I am able to recover the missing hand history, but not always.

This becomes more of an issue when I am multitabling. Since I am playing abc poker at the micro limits, I have decided to take a shot at multi tabling the 6 max nl games. In the past I have 5 tabled the full ring games with success, but never had much luck at the 6 max. I snet UB an email asking them to allow me to play 8 tables, so hopefully they'll cooperate. Right now I am able to play 5.

Tonight I fired up 4 tables, and bought in for 1/2 max. I noticed on one table I had a maniac who was at 65/65/9 over 200 hands. Cha-ching! I maxed out on that table and only had one chance to double thru him during his 12 buyin donation. I picked up a new friend though, and hopefully will run into him later.

So multitabling was the second thing I decided to try tonight.

I also decided to work on taking notes on players, and adding the juicy ones to my friends list. I only picked up about 1 dozen solid notes on players, and added about 8 to my friends. I think in the long run this will improve my table selection, and my win rate.

I also updated my pahud display a little tonight. I already had it pretty pimped for 6 max, but with multitabling I decided to add player icon/descriptions and fold sb/bb. These were really just for good measure. It nice being able to see if I have any fish on the table at a glance, and be aware of the general style of the players.

I dont have any really gains to report tonight though. Unfortunately my run in with the aggro player heads up took me down a little bit, and I had to rebound. I did log some minor gains nad am back above were I was prior to my losses the other night. So all is good in my book. I picked up some rakeback, and cleared some bonuses to log some minor bankroll boost too.

Tonight I only got in ~500 hands, but it was a short hour session. My overall goal was to see how I could hang with 6 max multitabling. I am going to review my hand histories and see how many oppurtunites I might have missed, but genereally think it can be mark as a success.

I plan on following up on my multitable trials tommorrow.

Thanks for stopping by, and seeing how this donk rolls!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home