Saturday, June 10, 2006

quick update

I havent been posting much lately, basically b/c I dont want to lament my recent shortcomings.

Anyway, last night I ran all the funds out of my UB acct except to $2.29 not even enough to sit at a 10nl table. Part of the reason I was down so low was b/c I bought into 4 stt's and blanked in all of them.I stopped playing and watched some cash game videos. I helped me realize some of things I hadnt been doing lately, namely how to get paid off on my big hands.

After watching a couple videos, I checked out the tables. I saw someone sitting at a 1cent/2 cent table alone and sat down with my $2. We played heads up and I was able to squeeze him for ~$5 before the table filled up. Once the table was 7 handed I bounced.

I ended up going to bed shortly after that.

Today I decided I would take a new shot at the micro 10nl table. I decided to buyin for $2.5 at a table, and watch the game and play tight. I actually had a lot of time today, b/c my wife was off at a class today. I played some great poker today.

I managed to grind my$2 into $54.25 over 600 hands (plus the hands I didnt track ~50 or so). I beat the game for 32.5bb/100 and feel extremely confident in my game again.

I generally played solid poker. Laying down hands when I didnt feel like I had enough of an edge, and got paid on my hands when I had them. I controlled the pots I was in, and eveything just fell into place.

I am going to watch a couple more vids tonight, and hopefully continue to build. I am still waiting on $100 in rakeback that should be paid out in the next 3 days or so. I had previously included those in my bankroll #'s, so I havent lost everything. I am down over the week, but am definetly on the rebound.

I am going to stick to the 10nl tables for a minute, until I have the proper bankroll to move up. I am shooting for $500 to play 25nl, so I have a little bit to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home