Saturday, May 06, 2006

ok time to check the balances



So I am calling an end to my weekly session. Below are my charts for the week. I didnt get alot of play in. No play at all yesterday, or wednesday. Only limited play during the week. Giving me a small # of hands with only 1,642.

The extent of my multitabling was 2 tabling 25NL. For the most part I single tabled though so that I could keep an eye on the play and avoid costly mistakes. Obviously my bankroll is a little short to be playing 25 and 50 NL tables, but I am confident in my play and willing to step down if I get in a critical situation.

My profit shows $150, however this doesnt take into consideration any of my tournament play.

My tournament play was kind of scarce this week, and will probably be that way until I get my br back up. I invested $43 in tournament entries, and cashed $0. I did win a $10 prop bet and will count that towards my tourney fees. so I am out $33 in tourney fees.

Taking this into consideration my profit for the week was $127. I am going to withdraw half of that (or $63) should just about cover mothersday dinner for my wife ;-)

I am pretty happy with my play. I was unfortunate and took some bad beats (not the ski slopes) but didnt tilt and was able to recover. Today I played a ton of heads up cash NL, and never finished with the worst of it. I am getting extremely confident in my heads up game, and hope that it contributes to my bankroll in a healthy fashion.

Playing cash heads up games does have a lot of disadvantages though.

#1 the rake is killer, I played 1 guy for about an hour and I am sure the total rake was over $50, but I finished with a profit :-p. I also get rakeback so some of this finds its way back to me, but only about 15%.

#2 you get hit and runners. I hate this, usually someone will buyin short and try to double up. If they hit a hand they leave. The only fortunate thing is usually these players suck, and more often than not I am able to stack them or at least stay ahead before they decide to move on.

Playing against a short stack in a nl hu cash game is tricky, but its just another part of the game worth mastering. It improves my big stack play and helps to refine some more advanced moves invloved in setting traps and inducing my opponent to shipit :-p

Well thats about all I have now. I am going to exclude my bonus clearing from my weekly profit and as it stands now my bankroll is $352.92 plus some change stuck in some unaccounted accounts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home