Thursday, May 04, 2006

limited session tonight

I started my session at 9 wanting to play a tournament or 2.

I registered for a tournament on UB, and was waitlisted. while waiting i realized it was a rebuy NL omaha tourney. Since I was also registered for a $3r on stars I decided I probably shouldnt play 2 different games and unregistered.

Since I only found the 1 MTT to play I fired up a $25NL table on UB to play while I played my stars MTT.

I didnt see any good cards during the rebuy period. When we were upon the last 4 or 5 mins I decided to gamble since I was in late position and pushed with any 2 that looked half way reasonable. I didnt win 1 race, and started the end of the rebuy with exactly 5k in chips.

I have made it thruogh these tourneys before starting the end of the rebuy with the 5k, just by being patient. This time however I put some chips in and was pushed off my hand twice by the same player. The third time he did it I decided to take a stand and we were racing. I dont think he realized the rebuy was over b/c he had A7 s0000ted. My KQ didnt improve and when he hit an A on the turn I was done.

I went to check my damage on my rebuy madness and I was in for 11 rebuys including my addon. so thats a $33 net loss.

To add to that I took a hit early in my cash game of about $20. I stuck it out though and closed that down to $9, before switching tables. The table I was on was full of fish buying in for the min buyin. Just retarded, I could hardly get implied odds to get involved in a pot without a pocket pair. I had about 100 hands invested in this table before I left.

I switched to another table and had a nice mix of ppl join in with reasonable stacks. Except for 1 short stack who complained about getting sucked out on when he only bought in for $5. I kinda harped on him b/c I was steaming aboutthe previous table. I only told him he didnt have room to complain when buying in for the min. If he was confident in his game he would buyin for more.

Not long after I got involved in a hand with him where I had AJ, the flop came JTx, the turn was a J, and I pushed him almost all in (like $3). He said is that all and put in his other quarter. Anyway I was dissapointed to see he had JT.

I wasnt dissapointed b/c I lost the pot, but b/c I didnt get that seat opened. So he stuck around for a while.

My vindication was about to come though when the following hand went down.

Hand #31222727-13855 at Coldwater (No Limit Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 04/May/06 22:18:38

FloppedEm is at seat 0 with $9.90.
rwbenner is at seat 1 with $16.
minch72 is at seat 2 with $32.70.
pokahplay3r is at seat 3 with $28.20.
preton is at seat 5 with $16.45.
The button is at seat 1.

minch72 posts the small blind of $.10.
pokahplay3r posts the big blind of $.25.

FloppedEm: -- --
rwbenner: -- --
minch72: -- --
pokahplay3r: 9h 9s
preton: -- --

Pre-flop:

preton calls. FloppedEm folds. rwbenner calls.
minch72 calls. pokahplay3r raises to $1.25. preton
folds. rwbenner calls. minch72 folds.

Flop (board: 2c 8c Td):

pokahplay3r checks. rwbenner bets $.25. pokahplay3r
calls.

Turn (board: 2c 8c Td 9d):

pokahplay3r checks. rwbenner bets $.25. pokahplay3r
raises to $3.50. rwbenner re-raises to $14.
pokahplay3r re-raises to $24.50. rwbenner goes all-in
for $14.50. pokahplay3r is returned $10 (uncalled).

River (board: 2c 8c Td 9d Js):
(no action in this round)

I dodged him having a straight, but figured he wouldnt have got that far on a straight draw.

He left, rather than reloading....

I played for a while longer, but quit when I had in about 250 hands on that table and left with a little profit. My pokertracker shows a $11 profit, but I have already determined that it misses UB hands regularly. I left with a $36 profit on my last table, and when figuring in my previous loss I think I added about a $25 profit.

Overall though I am down for the night when including my rebuy MTT, I will call it a -$10 session.

I seem to do better at the ring games more consitently, and should stop playing the miro MTT. The play is so unpredictable, it really is a mine field. I think I am going to try to commit myself to not playing any MTT's lower than $50 unless they have an overlay (ha, fat chance of a micro having an overlay). Obviously I cant afford a $50 MTT habit right now, so I am going to focus on building up the bankroll during May.

Possibly by the end of May I will be able to swing more MTT's. I do have acouple of private MTT's I plan on playing and will continue to take shots at those.

Withour getting a hard # my bankroll still sits around $300. I wont be playing tommorrow, b/c I get to go shopping with the wife (yay! not)

gl at the tables, keep stacking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home