Saturday, April 22, 2006

its crazy how the grind goes sometimes

My wife is out shopping today, so I was able to get in an hour or 2 session. I had actually planned on playing a 100 hand session.

So I'm grinding along and showing a reasonable profit maybe 60 bb over 60 hands or so. The one of my arch nemisis sits at the table. The ever ellusive mega loose hyper aggressive uber-donkey, this particular opponent shows VPIP/ PFR. I have tired to stack this guy a couple of times but he has to be the consistetly luckiest player I have run into. He definetly has calling station tendencies. I watched him call down a busted straight draw with 3rd pair.

I accudently ran head first into him and his flush draw, I always forget that a flush draw is the nuts to a flopped set, even when getting less than 2:1. Anyway this set me back -$30. At least the donkey buy's in short. I managed to close the gap back up but ended up leaving the table with a $20 deficiency due to running QQ into KK held by a short stack.

I decided I would start at a different table. Since I love the thrill of playing heads up I decided to sit at an empty table. I did a 50bb buyin (to keep from discouraging timid HU players) and waited. While I was checking my email the table popped up. The first hand I folded to a flop bet. The second hand I outplayed my opponent with some rags. I was getting ready to do the max buyin and another player sat down with a 50bb buyin. I think I busted this player his 3rd hand. 2 hands later I had the first opponent who had maxed buyin down to 40bb and he left.

So in one hour of play I finished with a $20 deficit, and then within 5 mins I had accumulated just over $50 back. I'll take it. I was listening to a Freddy Deeb interview and he said there are 7 rules to being a successful player, one of which is being able to take the profit.

I decided to take the profit - Shipit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home