Wednesday, April 12, 2006

well

My bankroll took a little hit yesterday, but not by much. I think I ended my session down ~$50. $31 of that was due to me transfering some dollars to a friend who did a favor for me.

The other $20 was lost in a 1/2 stud game. Stud is sweet! All of these guys playing holdem and trying to play a little stud, can be profitable. Now I know I lost $20 but it wasnt an entirely -EV situation.

I am trying to clear out my crypto bonus, and its a long process playing $25 NL. I decided to peak into the stud games, and noticed there were a couple of low stakes games going. Next to 5 card draw, stud is the very first poker game I learned to play. I used to play hours with my friends when I was as young as 14. We only played for nickles and pennies, but it was the start of my poker game. Anyway I have a pretty solid stud game, but never played it online.

I sat down in a 4 handed game, I was knocking out my bonus requirements quick. I was pretty much break even but ook a couple of bad beats when another player caught his flush in the hole, or filled a straight. I only sat with 50bb, and figured if I lost that, I would quit. I ended up down ~$50 and the game had filled to 8 handed. There were some maniacs raising and reraising with shit. I decided to go sit in a short game, or play heads up. I found a 2 handed game and sat in. I busted one player for $40 bringing me up to -$10. i actually went on a rush and had cleared a small profit, but decided to continue playing until I cleared my bonus.

The best hand that came down for me was 3 handed I was dealt 555 4 4 9 4, I ended up scooping a very large pot. I'm not sure what the other player had but he was either on a flush or a broadway straight.

I wasnt so fortunate to keep my rush up and ended up going back below my buyin when my concealed set ran into a 7th street flush. I had a couple of other hands along the way that I had to get out of because it was too likely that I was beat. But factoring in how much I enjoyed playing last night, it was worth it.

I ended my session down 10bb mainly because it was getting late, and I had to get to bed. I didnt completely clear my bonus, but I only need 5 more hands to clear my deposit bonus, and apporximately 30 more hands to clear my play bonus. I will probably take on another stud session tonight and finish up.

It's kind of interesting though how weak the play was at crypto. I actually had someone approach me about proping non-NL games at crypto, but I heard they were tight. I can definetly say the stud games arent tight, and am seriously considering getting int othe prop program there exclusively for the stud games. I am waiting on more details, and to see how it works out for a friend who is trying it now though.

After I clear 5 more raked hands, my losses will be offset, and if I can squeek out a profit, I will be cashing out with 2x my orginal deposit from last friday. I'm not dissapointed in last nights session at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home