Monday, April 03, 2006

played about 100-200 hands tonight

I started playing on titan tonight for the first time. I have never played on the network before. I found an offer for a free $20 via pokersavy (link on the right) to play at titan. If you deposit $50 and earn 750 player points you can get a $75 gift card to several places. 750 points can be earned quickly. You earn 1 point for a $0.25 rake, and 8 points for a $3 rake. its a graduated scale in between.

There are some real fish playing there. I saw guys call down with bottom pair for their entire stack. I was amazed.

I am working on my 6 max NL game, and decided to watch a couple of tables to see what the action was like. I sat at a table that I had been watching that had 2 of the calling stations. I was really dissapointed after only 5 hands another player had busted both of them. Everyone had left the table and this guy told me that he started with $4 on a .1/.2 NL table. He managed to clean those guys out and was sitting at $55. Missed my chance on that one.

I then sat at another table. I got sucked out on by a player who called every hand. I knew he was a calling station and I bet out with QQ. He called every street and on the turn I had his whole stack in the middle. The flop was J 8 2. The turn was a4, and the river was another 2. No flush draws. This guy flips over 10d2d WTF??? anyway I got vindication later when I had moved my stack up to ~$28 and ended up turning a straight flush. I got this guy to come over the top of me with his pair of Q's A kicker and stacked his ass. He was gone about 3 hands later.

I ended up staying on the table because I had caught on to the other players betting patterns and tendencies. I fluctuated a little bit because there were some short stacks on the table, that I ended up getting involved with a couple of times. I was down to ~$38 and ended up stacking a new player at the table who had a full buyin. This put my stack at $58.

There was one other big stack of ~$54, 2 $20 stacks, a $7 stack and a $15 stack. I ended up getting dealt AcJc I opened the pot 1 from the button for $0.8. The other big stack was in the SB and called. This player had been playing tight and I knew if he called in the SB he had some sort of hand. The flop came AsJs7c. He checked and I bet out $2. The turn came a 4h. He bet out $4.9 and I min raised him to $9.8 he pushed for his remaining $4x.xx. I thought and considered folding thinking it was possible he either had AK, JJ, or 77 for range of hands, and possibly the straight/flush, royal) draw. I decided to take the chance and called. The turn was a Qd, and I about shit. I thought I was toast but he flipped over AKo! I was now at over $100. I played a little longer on the table and ended up erasing all my losses.

I registered for a $10RA with about 200 players. I ended up picking up a good stack early but lost it too 2 races. I decided not to rebuy b/c you are limited to rebuys when you bust, and cant rebuy twice. It was getting close to the end of the first hour and the blinds were approaching 50/100 and you only get 1000 chips.

Not to shabby though I checked for another game after the MTT, but couldnt find a good one to get into. One thing I dont like is that PT and PAHUD dont work, and you cant get text hand histories. I dont know about multitabling, since I am focusing on improving my 6 max game I am only playing 1 table, rather than 4, so that I can focus. I doubt I will play on titan after I clear my bonus other than the blogger freerolls, which is the motivation behind downloading it initially. A $95 boost is worth it though, I should have it cleared in jsut a couple of days. Tonight I already cleared 109 pts.

If you havent played on titan I would probably recommend the pokersource online instant bankroll promo over the poker savy one. The link at the top of my blog will take you there. However, if you have already done the PSO instant bankroll promo at party, then the pokersavy promo is worth checking out.

So now my bankroll is : Titan - $187.37 and PokerStars - $111.97 = $299.34

I'll take it, hopefully I can continue to run good and move up in stakes in a week or 2. I wont mess with the .25/.5 until I am over $1100, but that could come early if I hit a couple of more licks on Titan and pokerstars. I am so tired of playing for the change, but know its improtant to play within you bankroll (from previous experience). If you arent aware, you can see how I smoked thru a $2k MTT score in January, and I might have some posts discussing my early adventures in NL and buying in with 1/2 my bankroll.

I know I am playing a little over my bankroll right now, but I am taking a shot, and if that shot doesnt work out I will step back down to the nickle/dime game. I dont think the play is any better at the $20-$25 NL tables, and if I play smart I can break thru. I also have some reasonable amounts of rakeback coming, and a couple of referrals from friends I have refered to rakerebate. If you are looking for rakeback please use my link for rakerebate or send me an email at scaryjerry - gmail.com.

This weekend I am going to update my blog. I am going to try and change around the look alittle. I dont know much about the format that blogger uses, but am going to see if I can figure it out. I have a computer background, and some programming / web design experience so I think I can work something out. I will definetly backup first :-p

I want to add some links to other blogs as well. If you are a blogger post a message and leave your url (if it s not a blogger blog) and I will add it. Of course I would appreciate it if you would link back to my blog too, but If not I can live with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home