Sunday, April 02, 2006

Well the weekend is over

I am done playing for the weekend. We actually had some severe weather just roll through. Several tornado touchdowns. One within a mile of my house, and another one spawned in the vicinity of one of my younger brothers.

I was actually more concerned about my brother and his wife and childrens safety. They live in a mobile home (or trailer, if you prefer). Fortunately the media was on top of the storm 2 hours before it arrived. I think partly because of the NCAA final four being in town. My brother and his family had the common sense to relocate to his father inlaws house, so they were safe.

My wife was very uneasy. Rightfully so, approximately 3-1/2 years ago we were hit by an F-3 (on the cusp of being an F-4) tornado. It caused total devastation. The only good thing about the whole experience was that we were having a new house built and only 2 weeks outside of closing on this house. So we were only "homeless" for those 2 weeks.

Anyway after the tornado's started being reported tonight, I had my wife and kids get in the most secure area of our house. The kids had already gone to bed. My 10 year old daughter handled it well, but my son was rather aggrevated. We hung out and listened to the radio, and I peeked out to check the radar and television after about 10 mins. After the storm passed, we got the kids settled back into bed.

I'm sure the media will have photos plastered everywhere of the devastation in the morning. I remember when we were hit it. The gawkers came out in droves from far and wide. It really pissed me off. People would just drive by and stare. Nobody (except the other people affected) offered a hand really. It was disgusting. We lived near a shopping center area. A sporting goods store was wiped out less than a mile from us. The tornado actually made a line from the shopping center to us. There were guns and sporting goods scattered every where. I saw a couple of orphan golf clubs and thought wow where did these come from.

Anyway back to the gawkers. The only thing worse were the looters. How the hell are you going to have the tenacity to come and steal from people who just expereinced such a major disaster? I lived in an appartment community and some of my neighbors were ripped off. I stayed in my place without a roof, without windows and doors. With my MAG light. my pistol, and my Labrador.

Anyway I digress, this is my poker blog.

So the weekend is over. I didnt do so hot last week. I was reveiwing my pokertracker db this week, and noticed a $120 plummit. I didnt get a chance to track down the hand histories yet, but am certain it occured on the prima site. I had a couple of back to back beats.

I'm back in it though. My bankroll is stable again. I am happy that I turned my $6.x into $115 on stars in a couple of days with solid play. I plan on playing there a little longer at least until I get a bonus that I am working on finalized.

So now my bankroll is a whopping $255.97 (if those bastards at pokerrewards ever give me my $) I also should be picking up some rakeback in the next week or so. Things are looking better these days :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home