Thursday, April 13, 2006

Broke the 500 mark

Pretty happy to get over that hump. My bankroll hasnt been over $500 since december when I donked off $1200... and left myself with squat. other than my MTT score in January which I ended up cashing out a significant protion of, and left myself with ~$700 and proceeded to blow that on MTT buyins that were outside of my bankroll.

Anyway I am a reformed man, and dont plan on doing those type of things again.

I spent all of my playing time today playing on the prima skin, I have a $100 pending bonus and will pick up a gift certificate from PSO by the time I complete my bonus. I am thinking about picking up an ipod, or some other type of mp3 player with all the amazon gift certificates I am accumulating. I am not 100% decided on that though.

I only played stud tonight. Its a nice change and I like the game. Throw in the weak opponents, the inability to use software, and the unlikelyness of colussion(or bots) and it seems to good to be true.

I mixed my game up a little, prima doenst have alot of FL stud action, so I sat at a PL table the majority of the time. I think i broke about even on the fixed limit table, and showed a solid profit on the pot limit. I bought into prima for $99, and currently have $170. I'm not sure how many hands I have in, but I did make it to the 25% mark for my bonus. I should have it done by monday or tuesday.

I'm enjoying the stud action, but concerned that my nl holdem game will get rustty as a result. I know in the past switching between cash and tournament games has had some affect on my success. I am going to try and prevent that from happening while switching up between holdem and stud.

One drawback to playing stud is the lack of pokertracker support. I dont have any solid info on what my biggest winners or losers were, and unless I dig deep into my hand histories I am going to have problems spoting leaks.

I am going to take a peak at my supersytem book and see if there is a stud section, i think there may be, and if so I plan on reading through it tommorrow. I do feel that my game is solid, and the knowledge that I have picked up from reading theory of poker, and the countless other non game specific articles and books will help me from tanking off my br.

I dont have any significant hand histories to post, but here is one of the best pockets i have had so far.



Anyway, thats about all I have on my mind. I am happy to get over the $500 mark, even if its only by a dollar or 2. I am looking forward to the weekend, and maybe being able to pafford to play some MTT's soon.

2 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

scary, I believe PT does have a stud version now.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Jerry said...

thats awessome, I just checked and your right. I might have to pick that up soon. thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home