Monday, March 20, 2006

Now boarding the pokercoaster...


So poker is really a roller coaster, your up, your down, you are anticiapting that next hill, but can never prepare for it. As you climb higher you know its only a matter of time until you get the shit thrilled out of you. Just something I've been thinking about. I love rollercoasters, and poker so I have just thought about how similare they are.

Anyway, I didnt have a necessarily good or bad day today. I didnt play an awful lot. In fact I probably read and caught up on more game theory today than anything. I left work early today to deal with an emergency at home, that involved my plumbing backing up. Terrible, terrible shit. I have never been a plumber and hate dealing with that stuff. I worked several years as a carpenter and could butcher wood all day, but unclogging plugged drains isnt my thing.

I sat around for about an hour hoping it would unclog itself, or at least drain some before I dealt with it. During that time I played $1 6man STT and a $5 HU on UB. I took down the HU pretty quick, and ended up taking second in the STT b/c I was getting impatient, and figured I needed to end it soon. I put in my chips with a openend straight draw, and it was over when I didnt improve.

So after resolving my issue, and eating dinner, I read some more poker theory on some of the sites I frequent. I also initiated a $61 withdrawl from UB. While reading, I decided that in the future I am going to try to post more game theory on my blog, more so to help my own understanding and reemphasize the things that I learn. I am also going to try to nail down 1 oe 2 friends to discuss poker with once or twice a week. I have a couple of guys who I think might work out. They play considerably bigger limits than I currently do, but I think they respect my game, and are interested in talking poker. Of course they may already be hooked up with freinds to talk poker with. I on the other hand dont have any freinds who think about poker as deep as I do, nor as seriously. The guys I do know, pretty much ask me questions but never provide much substance to the discussions. I dont mind talking about poker or teaching these guys, but it just doesnt help me improve my game which is what I am really looking for. I really need someone who is on the same level, or a little below or above, wherewe would both benefit from the discussion.

So I was pretty surprised to see UB processed my cashout request within an hour. Actually I was shocked and thought the email was going to say my cashout was declined. The wording in their email was abit off, but after checking my neteller account my cashout was there.

So I deposited my $61 into Absolute, with the intention of playing the BPT and cashing out $50. I decided to open up 2 AP tables and play them while I played 2 UB tables to see how they compared. The players at AP are weak, and inexperienced IMHO. With the exception of the occassional allin bet by my opponents I picked up 90% of the hands I got involved in. I am finding myself reading other players well these days, and feel like my game is definetly improving daily. I ended up playing mayber 30-45 mins on both sites, I registered for the BPT and still have $2.3 more than I had deposited. I am going to go ahead and withdrawl my funds back to neteller, and get set up on the other sites coming up in the next 2 weeks, but will probably throw some more change back onto AP when they show another bonus. AP has bonuses about 3 times a week, so it probably wont be long. I also get rakeback on AP, so its a +EV move.

Speaking of rakeback, if any of you have signed up for rakeback through my rakrebate link Please let me know. I had one friend whom I knew signed up but I didnt get credit for it. If you signed up and email me at scaryjerry at gmail (dot) com and I get credit I will send you $10 on UB, FTP, or Stars. You need to have $300 MGR for me to get credit. And if I have had people sign up and I'm not getting credit I will probably pull the links. I am a little frustrated by it right now, but its not really worth it to mess with it too much, maybe I will move to another affiliate if I am not getting my referral credits.

If you would like to get set up with rakeback on fulltilt, send me an email, and I will give you a special link through pokerfox.net, if you arent interested in rakeback and would like to play with the pros, sign up through my link on the right.

So today is the first day of spring and we are being forcasted for 6-8 inches of snow! WTF! this isnt minnesota! it was in the 70's this week. I guess there is an increased chance that I will have some poker sessions tommorrow.

Well I think I have ran on long enough, I actually was only going to write a short entry but its turned kinda long. I still wanted to follow-up on some poker articles I was reading earlier before I go to bed.

March 20th bankroll:
starting bankroll:$120.15
ending bankroll: $123.50 (63.3AP, 60.20UB, excluding AP BPT)
gain/loss : $3.35 (2.8%)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home