Friday, March 17, 2006

Moving foward

Well, I made some changes to my blog today. I added images for most of the links shown on the right hand side. And adde a couple new links. I placed links for Poker media that I have foun online. This media consists mainly of poker podcasts, I actually have some other medida links that I plan on adding soon too, but havent got around to it.

I have links to upcoming blogger poker events too. 2 items of interest are the $25k blogger freeroll sponseredd by pokersourceonline, and hosted by absolute poker, an the blogger poker tour hostedd by poker.com. I encourage everyone to check them out.

I am still medicated and not of soundd mind. In fact my typing skills are struggling right now as I try to prepare this entry. Thus, I ddidnt play much tonight. I played 2 freeroll tournaments and hit blanks in both.

I spent some time this afternoon talking to an online poker friend about bankroll management, and developing into a successful poker player. I was encouraged to find out that I am not the only one who has had to go through the growing pains of learning to manage a bankroll.

He pointed me to some resources that I may add in the next couple days, but for now I am going to focus on a couple other things.

The bluff poker tour is finally starting back up. I have been waiting on this since January and am looking foward to participating and hopefully taking down the season. I am very psyched about the prospects, and looking foward to starting next week. Unfortunately my bankroll is not quite as prepared, and I am going to have to buckle down and bring it up in a quick fashion. These will be the only MTT's I play besides freerolls, until I get my bankroll up to a healthy level.

I played a couple hands on Fulltilt tonight also, basically just trying to get a feel for the players there. I hadnt played any NL cash games there before this week. I had played 6 max limit holdem 1/2-5/10 up until January, and $33 sitngoes. I hadnt really been playing at FTP much lately though because they deduct bonuses from MGR when calculating rakeback. I'm not sure how long I will play FTP, but for the tiem being it is adequate enough to meet my requirements, which are rakeback and bonus driven.

I also signed up at another site and recieved $10 free, I will be posting a link within the next week, if anyone needs a free $10 to play with. I took my $10 and played %0.05/$0.1 6 max limit, so far I have it up to $14. Limit can be a profitable game, provided I can maintain focus. Focus is a little difficult for me right now though because of my pain meds.

Today is St Patricks day, and I cant even have a nice Guiness :-( from what I understand it would kill off my antibiotics. A serious bummer.

I have been getting a little more traffic on my blog, if anyone wants to do a link exchange leave me a comment and I will get back to you. I am more than happy to direct traffic to others websites.

I also emailed, or attempted to email, Chris Fergusen about his bankroll management podcast on FTP. I directed him to a discussion thread on 2+2 hopefully he will reply on that thread and provide a little insight into how he accomplished his $1 to $25k feat.

Well like I said I am having a hard time focusing, so I am going to wrap it up. I did grind out a small profit today, but am not going to include the free $10 account b/c I have not cleared the withdrawl requirements, so right now it is about as usefull as play $ chips.

March 16th
starting bankroll : $100.22
ending bankroll : $114.02
gain/loss : $13.80 (13.8%)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home