Monday, February 20, 2006

gg bankroll management



Had a bad run this weekend, played in 2 tournaments and a couple stt's, the total buyins were equivalent to hald my bankroll. I only cashed in one that was a WSOP satellite, and didnt make it through the next satellite.

I also tooled around with some kill games on UB, I enjoyed them but took some bad beats along the was and they ended up costing me. Throw in the fact that they wre a higher limit than general bankroll guidlines allow for and it was a formula for disaster.

Disaster struck, and now I am stuck.... its not a great feeling. I have a miniscual bankroll now not really enough to do anything worthwhile with. I can stand the thought of grinding the super-micro's because I have too. Its ok when I have other options, but when I am forced to, it sucks.

I'm not sure what I am going to do at this point. My bankroll is ~$140, but spread around, and I cant transfer it b/c of min. withdrawl/deposit requirements. I am thinking of taking a week off. or only playing freeroll MTT's. I have some alright one's that I can play in that will net me a little $.

I played off some of my UB points in the ring games this morning, loosing ~2000 of those in the 10/20 limit game. Man some of those guys are sic gamblers. They chased any drawing hand they had. And most of them rode a rush right through my chips.

Redepositing is not an option for me either. I am going through a financial process where the lender needs to review my bank statements. Its probably in my best interest not to have any gambling transactions on those statements.

I am just a little dissapointed in myself right now, I've been down this road before, and should know better by now. I thought I would knockout a couple $11 sitngoes on UB to build back up, well my first one I had KK and ran into AA, the guy had been playing alot of hands and I put him on a draw when the board showed two clubs, and the turn was a blank. I had less than the pot but we were even stacked, I think we both had 1000, and there was 1700 in the pot. I pushed he called the rest is history.

.... I was interrupted while writing this entry, I hav elost my train of thought and rather than let this entry site in my drafts folder I have decided to post it as is, b/c It defines where I am at right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home