Wednesday, February 15, 2006

ggggggg G-Unit



G as in grinder. I'm falling back into my 6 max limit game. Its all coming back to me now. I like 6 max so much better than full ring. And of course I like HU the most, more than 3 handed for sure.

I guess it has to do with my ADD and needing constant stimulation. I just cant stand waiting for a full table to act when playing limit. I can tolerate it a little more when its no limit, because studying your opponents is so much more crucial.

Anyway I started the night playing at the .5/1 table, actually lost about 40bb b/c I had some guys at my table who would call down anything, and were getting pretty good at catching with it. I dont really mind, but wasnt getting cards, and when I was, I was getting beat on the river.

I stepped up and started playing 1/2 6 max, and ver looked back, I made made back my 20bb (accounting for limit difference) and strapped up another 30bb profit for a short session. I also cleared about 12% of my pending bonus $, and scraped up a little rakeback. So not to bad.

I am watching the WPT on the travel channel. They are airing a limit tournament (which is rare) with Paul Darden and Michael Gracz. Darden is one of my favorite players b/c he came from the streets and the pool hall. I actually hussled quite a bit in the pool hall when I was growing up and like Darden I worked as a street pharmacist for a while. I like Gracz too b/c he has some natural talent, and is a solid player. Of course he catches some slack on this episode for sucking out, but hey thats part of the game of limit holdem. Its definetly a different game than NL, and each takes a different strategy. A limit tounament takes luck and skill to win. My best Limit Tournament finish was 4th, and it was one of my toughest MTT's.


I think I am getting together with some friends to play a home game next week for a $50 buyin. I was listening to an interview with Steve Dannemann and he was talking about their home game. They start out with 5k in chips and play 20 min blinds based on the WSOP blind schedule, which includes antes. He said they used to play more of a crap shot tournament, and would try to squeeze in 2 games. Now they just play longer better game that allows for more skill. I threw this idea out to my friend who hosts the game most of the time, and he said he would be up for that. So we will see how it goes. Hopefully we'll have enough players to pay out a couple of positions since the stakes are higher than normal for this home game.


I have a ton of Player credits on different sites and I think I will try to use them to play in some MTT"s. I have enough on PokerStars to try to satellite into the 750k about 6 times, a bunch on Absolute, some on UB, lots on FTP, and I have a free entry to the Paradise Millions. I think I am going to stick to this level of buyin to get my MTT fix for the rest of the month. Although I dont know when I will even get around to or have enough time to sit down and play one of these MTT's. Thats one advantage to shifting back to cash games, I can fit it into my schedule easier, and my expectation is higher most of the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home