Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Swimming in the kiddie pool



So I have been screwing around on UB playing with my $2 rakeback. I managed to play it up to a whooping $15 playing .05/.1 6 max.

Well the novelty has wore off rather quick. I just cant stand playing at that level. It wouldnt be so bad if thats what I was bankrolled for, but thats just not the case. So what I have won 130 bb's in the last 2 days. It doesnt amount to squat.

So I have gone ahead and transfered some cash over to UB, not much but enough to be comfortable playing .5/1 6max limit. At this level I can clear my bonus at a reasonable rate, and earn rakeback. The competition is pretty soft with only the occassional good 6max player. I plan on sticking around at least long enough to clear my bonus. It will probably only take me thru sunday to clear my bonus account, and then I plan on moving to a different site to bonus whore, possibly Absolute.

So I make my deposit, play a little 6max limit, and decide that I might give 6max NL a shot. I sat down at a .1/.25 NL 6max table, and managed to lose $50 or so after about a half hour of play. I decided maybe I better hold off on the NL until I am bankrolled a little better. I was actually down ~$80, but managed to scoop a couple good pots.

So I started a full ring .5/1 limit table to boost my bonus clearing. I was killing the HU and shorthanded game, but once the table filled up I lost about 15bb of my profit. I decided to drop that table and go to a 6max.

I started a 6max table. I dont mind starting tables b/c my bonus clears 25% faster and I am more than comfortable playing HU and shorthanded. In fact I prefer playing HU limit cash games more than any other game. The only reason I dont play them more often is b/c I hate it when I am stuck a little and some jackass decides he's going to hit and run. Pussy ass motherfuckers know that they will get out played. So when it comes to the HU I prefer the sitngo NL matches. NL is a much quicker game to complete than limit so I go that route. I have sat and played a ton of HU limit sitngos, but the hrly rate just isnt the same vs. risk. If I was bankrolled to play 100 hu I might go the limit route.

Anyway, I sat at a 6max as the first player. Wouldnt you know that I was playing a guy HU for about 5-10 mins before someone sat down. I ended up busting the original player so its me against the new player now. He hit a flush draw on the river and scooped a big pot to my flopped straight. The jackass hit and ran, I should have know it was going to happen when a guy sits with 12.5bb he's probably on his last bit of change anyways.

I didnt let it phase me and still scrapped up a profit. I erased all my NL loses and ended up 2bb for my session.

I need to learn to stay focused on what I am good at, and not squander off my $ at other games. Then again its hard to improve your game if you dont take shots. I want to take the shots, and often do, I am a little apprehensive though playing NL cash games. When I first started playing online I only played NL cash. I did quite well, but then I would get greedy and move up to a higher limit than I was bankrolled for. Usually taking 1/4-1/3 of my bankroll to the table. This proved disasterous on so many occasions. I think I have a mental scar for these experiences, and its going to be a hurdle for me to get past.

For now I am going to focus on the 6max .5/1 limit game. I might toss in an occassional NL session but its going to be at the supermicro level if I do.


I havent posted my bankroll in a while. I kinda feel uncomfortable doing it anymore. I think I might start posting my results, but in a bb format. maybe bb's for the day/week/month. I think that might be something I can be more comfortable with. My bankroll hasnt changed much in the last 2 weeks, even though I have taken some stabs at the big MTT's


So the big MTT's, I dont know if I will be playing any of them anytime soon. After the issues raised at 2+2 and p5's about JJProdigy and being exposed for cheating. I dont know that I want to risk going up a against a pro playing multiple accounts. It really is bullshit. gg grandma! I bet his grandma wouldnt be proud of him knowing that he is willing to cheat and break the rules to win. Obviously poker is about pushing edges, but creating edges by cheating is wrong. Is no differrent than having a mechanic deal your home game, palming chips, or any of the other ways to cheat. In order for the game to survive there needs to be some sort of integrity, or people will stop playing. I hope that somehow the sites come up with a way to at least slow this down.


If you are interested in getting rakeback at UltimateBet click the rakerebate.net link in my right column.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home