Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Missed a couple days...

I had actually started writing an entry, but changed my mind on it before I finished writing it... ADD at its finest.

I played a couple MTT's last night, and played in the pokerfox.net HORSE tournament.

I was also playing a $5 MTT and a $3r. I dont do so well playing more than 2 tables at once. I decided to get aggressive in the $3r and if I busted out so be it. Well thats what happened. Not to long after I went out about 5th in the pokerfox game. We only had 8 registered this week so no big deal.

I did go on to do pretty well in the $5 MTT. There were 1644 players and I finished 24th, for about $25. The payout was weak, but I was playing it more for experience in a large field.

I was sick today, and stayed home from work. When I woke up I tried my luck at a double shootout sat. to the stars 750k. I made it thru first table, and ended up finishing 5th, with 2 players winning sat. It was the first time I had ever played a double shootout, I think I might try to go that route again to qualify for the 750k.

So I dont know what my previous posts said, but I know I had talked myself out of playing the 750k, but the more I thought about it the more I feel like I have to give it a shot.

I'm excited about playing in it, and am registered to play. I am not excited in a way that I am going to be nervous, or scared of the competition. I am excited in the sense that I have seen many sat. players take down nice paydays. I know I can compete on that level and am looking foward to the oppurtunity.

Tonight I played the pocketfives sat to the 150k on paradise. Paradise added 15 seats, and there was a $20 buyin. The top 36 players won sat seats into the 150k. It starts 30 mins after the stars 750k, so it looks like I am playing 2 big games this sunday b/c I made it through the field of 223.

I dont know what to think of paradises software. It was the first time I had been on that site. I thought it was kinda gimmicky, and the blind levels increased at break neck speeds. I was lucky to hit some key hands at the 75/150 level and the 100/200 level. I pretty much coasted after that. I was in third place when I was put at a new table with a sattelite terrorist. HE had me covered by 4x and noone else was even close. He blatantly pushed on everyone, and never lost a hand. I decided not to play any more hands b/c there was no danger in me not making the payout, unless I got into a confrontation with him.

Prior to this I won 2 key hands, and didnt get to see them go down. I had bet into a large pot against a short stack with top pair/top kicker (AQ) and all of a sudden I didnt have a link with my wireless router. I tried to figure out what was up but couldnt get anything. I was picking up a couple of my neighbors wifi connections, but they are encrypted and I cant connect thru them.

I eventually pull out my PCMCIA card and plugging it back in, when I got paradise fired back up, I had more chips so I guess the guy folded or they had allin protection. No less than 5 mins later I had a power surge in my house and my tv and lights, etc. went down for like half a second. Well this killed my router and modem, or one or the other. I think one of them is plugged into the UPS, but not the other.

Anyway I had just pushed in on a pot and the other guy called. I thought great I dont even get to see what happens. The other guy had me covered by ~1k in chips. I had to go reset my modem and router which took me about 5 mins or so.

When I got back onto paradise I was expecting to see myself with the "out" notation but I was still in it! I knew at this point I was golden.

Well thats all I have on my mind right now. Hopefully I'll be at a final table about this time in 4 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home