Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Missed posting the last couple days

And what a rough ride its been. After going 90% ITM on my STT's, I played acouple $55 & $109 MTT's. I didnt finish ITM on any of the 7 i played. A real dissapoint ment, but knowing that here is a lot of variance in MTT's I will just chalk it to the game. As long as I am getting my $ in with the best hand, I can accept that I made the correct play when I get sucked out on.

I am not really a player that goes on tilt, whether its from a bad hand that cripples me, or a hand that knocks me out of a MTT. It's too easy to get caught up in the short term results and not focus on the overall picture. Its always dissapointing to bust out on the bubble, or take a bad beat from a player who shouldnt have been in the pot in the first place. Everytime you are put into a situation like that you should use it as a learning exercise, and evaluae why it happened. Some of he things I have learned from my bad beats are to avoid out of position plays, avoid getting into a confrontation with a bigger stack than mine, and make the donkeys pay for their draws, and controlling pot odds. Theres always something to be learned, so if I am paying a big price for my lesson, I am going to study it to try and prevent it from happeneing again.

So this weekend my bankroll took a significant hit. I can live with it though, its part of the trials and tribulations of playing over my bankroll. I am going to work on growing my bankroll though during the next month. I will primarily be playing STT's at a level that is maintainable by my bankroll. I am going to go by a variation of Fox's recomendations . I am going to split the difference of his protected and unprotected SNG requirements. I am going to only play sng's that I have 33 buyins at, if I drop down to 25 buyins I will step down in level. Once I am at 38 buyins for the next level, I will step up.

I am going to focus on bankroll building until March, I plan on taking the occasional stab at a MTT, but only at the current sng buyin level that I am playing and only hafter I have 3 consequtive first or second place finishes in a sng.

I am going to try and play at least 25 sngs a week, I know its not many, I have seen gank play 30 sng''s simultaneously, but I'm focussing on quality, and improving my play overall not just trying to knock out the #'s. I only play 1 game at a time, and have other personal obligations hat keep me from playing more.

Right now my bankroll is about $380 so I am going to stick to playing $11's for at least the next week or 2. I feel comfotable playing $33's, 55's and even $109's but dont want to risk ruin right now.

I was reading a post by Gigabet and one thing that he said that I can relate to is "....and it took me all of 2 days to get to a point where it was obvious to me that the 109 players were basically the same as the 33 and 55 dollars players, just a little less lost."

How true it is.... anyway moving on....

I played in the poker
foxhat weekly tourney last night. I wasnt really into it to be honest. After the first rotation my wife was asking me to come to bed to play some pokah, not a bad idea I thought. There were only 11 people playing last night and no bounties so the prize pool was pretty small, and is only a $11 buyin.

Hat went out first, said he was preoccupied wit putting his kids too bed, I think someone just told him we were playing holdem 8/b. So 2 hands later I am the bb an dget dealt AKo, highfidelty raises in LP, I decide to push, figure I am just going to go to bed. Next rotation around I am in bb agian and hifi raises LP, I push with QQ, he calls with AQ and I take it down. I think hmmm maybe i will play a little bit. acouple hands later I have some rags and try to make a staeal from LP button raises me, i fold. I told him I had 9's and asked if they were good, he said it would be a race, so I figure he had 2 overs. very next hand I get JJ I raise from LP, he reraises me again. I think I know he has ahand now b/c I dont think he would try a move on me after pushing me off of a hand. I say gg me in chat and push all in, he call and has me covered by 400 chips, he shows AA, and a J flops.....

I decided that maybe it was worth sticking around, and sure enough I took down the tourney after a couple suckouts. here are the last 3 hands.... we went fro m4 handed to me winning... I hink everyone was getting pretty tired, 11 man tourney went an hour ad a half....

Full Tilt Poker Game #401403300: PokerHat.net (2569143), Table 2 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:59:21 ET - 2006/01/24
Seat 1: clarkkr (4,468)
Seat 2: Shock27 (3,477)
Seat 3: Fooled Again (1,884)
Seat 7: InYourHead (6,671)
Shock27 posts the small blind of 100
Fooled Again posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to InYourHead [6c 5c]
Rufus (Observer): in your head, in your head, zombie, zombie...
InYourHead raises to 600
clarkkr raises to 1,000
InYourHead: sup?
Shock27 folds
Fooled Again folds
InYourHead calls 400
*** FLOP *** [9d 6h Ks]
InYourHead bets 1,600
clarkkr calls 1,600
*** TURN *** [9d 6h Ks] [7s]
Rufus (Observer): just singing
InYourHead bets 2,200
clarkkr calls 1,868, and is all in
InYourHead shows [6c 5c]
clarkkr shows [5d 5s]
Uncalled bet of 332 returned to InYourHead
*** RIVER *** [9d 6h Ks 7s] [Qc]
InYourHead shows a pair of Sixes
clarkkr shows a pair of Fives
InYourHead wins the pot (9,236) with a pair of Sixes
InYourHead: sick
clarkkr stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 9,236 | Rake 0
Board: [9d 6h Ks 7s Qc]
Seat 1: clarkkr (button) showed [5d 5s] and lost with a pair of Fives
Seat 2: Shock27 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: Fooled Again (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: InYourHead showed [6c 5c] and won (9,236) with a pair of Sixes



Full Tilt Poker Game #401405101: PokerHat.net (2569143), Table 2 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:00:18 ET - 2006/01/24
Seat 2: Shock27 (3,377)
Seat 3: Fooled Again (1,684)
Seat 7: InYourHead (11,439)
Fooled Again posts the small blind of 100
InYourHead posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to InYourHead [7d 7h]
Shock27 folds
clarkkr (Observer): indeed
Fooled Again raises to 1,684, and is all in
InYourHead: thought i was behind
InYourHead: bu could pus hyou off
InYourHead calls 1,484
Fooled Again shows [Ah 7s]
InYourHead shows [7d 7h]
*** FLOP *** [2h 8c Qd]
InYourHead: ouch
*** TURN *** [2h 8c Qd] [3h]
*** RIVER *** [2h 8c Qd 3h] [Ks]
Fooled Again shows Ace King high
InYourHead shows a pair of Sevens
InYourHead wins the pot (3,368) with a pair of Sevens
Fooled Again stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3,368 | Rake 0
Board: [2h 8c Qd 3h Ks]
Seat 2: Shock27 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: Fooled Again (small blind) showed [Ah 7s] and lost with Ace King high
Seat 7: InYourHead (big blind) showed [7d 7h] and won (3,368) with a pair of Sevens



Full Tilt Poker Game #401406122: PokerHat.net (2569143), Table 2 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:00:49 ET - 2006/01/24
Seat 2: Shock27 (3,377)
Seat 7: InYourHead (13,123)
InYourHead posts the small blind of 100
Shock27 posts the big blind of 200
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to InYourHead [8s 4d]
Fooled Again (Observer): gg
InYourHead calls 100
InYourHead: gg
Shock27 checks
*** FLOP *** [4s 9h 4c]
Shock27: gg
Shock27 bets 400
InYourHead calls 400
*** TURN *** [4s 9h 4c] [Tc]
Shock27 bets 750
InYourHead calls 750
*** RIVER *** [4s 9h 4c Tc] [5s]
Shock27 bets 2,027, and is all in
InYourHead calls 2,027
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Shock27 shows [Qh 9c] (two pair, Nines and Fours)
InYourHead shows [8s 4d] (three of a kind, Fours)
InYourHead wins the pot (6,754) with three of a kind, Fours
InYourHead: gg
Shock27 stands up
InYourHead stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6,754 | Rake 0
Board: [4s 9h 4c Tc 5s]
Seat 2: Shock27 (big blind) showed [Qh 9c] and lost with two pair, Nines and Fours
Seat 7: InYourHead (small blind) showed [8s 4d] and won (6,754) with three of a kind, Fours

You might notice that I have added some links to my blog on the right, I plan on adding more shortly but recommend you check out the other blogs listed. Its always a good to see how others approach the game.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home