Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Couple results for the evening.

First the biggest accomplishment tonight was taking down the pokerfox weekly tourney. We only had 15 players so it wasnt a huge accomplishment but rewarding nonetheless.

I accumulated some chips early and decided to work on my aggressive approach that I have picked up from sheets and gank. I was constantly pushing my opponents, to a point where they didnt know if I was playing trash or a good hand.

I was in the top 3 and squeezed into the chip leader position after knocking out a midstack once the tables combined. I had position on the seconf chip stack and when he opened the pot for a large raise I came over the top with my AK. I flopped a K and rags, he pushed and showed TT, my K's held and now I wasnt just the chip leader I was the monster stack. I had $14k vs about $1-$4k stacks. An added bonus was that the second chip stack that I knocked out was one of the admins, and I earned a $25 bounty.

I raised every pot I entered, and was usually taking them down uncontested. If someone fired back at me when I had rags, I would dump it. If the flop mised me I would take a stab at it, and usually would take the pot uncontested.

I ended up taking in $75 for first. A nice little boost to my bankroll when including hte bounty.

I also played a 6 handed sit and go prior to the pokerfox tourney. I was very aggressive in this tourney too, I personally took out every single player. I dont think the player whom ended up heads up with me played a single pot prior to being heads up. He was a very solid opponent, and almost made a lead on me. I switched up my game and came back to win it. I won $19.50 for a $5 sng.

Unfortuently I didnt do so well in my 180man. Sometimes the aggressive play works, sometimes it doesnt. It really depends on the skill of your opponents. I think it works better against better players, who are more conservative, and realize that their pair of 7's isnt good with a AK showing on board, or a rivered flush.

I also played a $5 MTT and a $3 MTT, Neither of these proved profitable either. I wa semidistracted when I was playing them and dont recall exactly how I busted out.

Well my bankroll now stands at $408.19. I have several bonuses out that I need to clear and might work on that later this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home