Friday, January 27, 2006

So I should change the name of my blog...

To Bankroll Tribulations of a Focus Challenged Donk

I know I wasnt focusing last night, I started reading a thread in the Poker Legislation and found some unnerving information. I wont go into it here because I dont want to incrimnate myself, but I plan on discussing it with some friends in the legal sector.


So when I last posted I was playing a $6 satellite for a $26 token, and a $33 STT. I played a couple more games here are the results and summaries.

$6 sat.

I took the chip lead early nad coasted in to the prize. Overall an easy game. I might play a couple more of these to get my way into MTT's. There are $26 sat to $75 tokens, which if you do the math pay out >33%, not bad. I might use a token to try m way through 1 of those if I get some more $26 tokens.

net +$19.40 (Tournament Token)

$11 STT

Jeeezus, this game was the epitimy of terrible. Idiots playing any, chasing flushes and straight draws at any cost. Calling off all their chips with middle pair. I admit I wasnt ready for this, and wasnt playing accordingly. I was used to playing $33 & $55 where the majrity of players would respect early position raises, and wouldnt draw to hands without the proper odds...

I finished with 2 pair vs an idiot who played K8o and hit a river gutshot straight.

net -$11

$33 STT

Really my fault the way this went down. I hadnt been watching the play, I had started researching the subject I ran across on 2+2.

JJ vs AA, gg jacks.... out in 8th position

net -$33

$33 STT

More of the same, not paying attention. First hand I played (11 hands in) I was in MP with AKs. Looking at opponents stats he had played alot of hands I raised he smooth called. flopped a K 6 4 rainbow. I bet out pot, he called. Turn 2, I pushed (which was equal to pot. He shows KK, gg $33.

out in 9th
net -$33

$55 STT

Here's where my ADD sets in. I start the evening saying that I am going to play $11 STT, and befor you know it I'm in a $55 trying to recoup some losses. I am entirely comfortable playin the $55's just not adequately bankrolled right now.

Long game, tough opponents. we are 4 handed for a long time. 1 big stack, 1 medium stack and I am on a short stack with a player with a slightly lower stack than me.

The short stack doubles up, and I finally think I should maeke a move. Table had been playing tight respecting the other short stack and my moves.

I push and get called by medium stack.

Full Tilt Poker Game #405021775: $50 + $5 Sit & Go (2620974), Table 1 - 50/100 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:00:17 ET - 2006/01/27
Seat 1: sulkyfan (1,910)
Seat 2: Cdgef77 (3,000)
Seat 5: InYourHead (945)
Seat 8: mastiff_23 (7,645)
sulkyfan posts the small blind of 50
Cdgef77 posts the big blind of 100
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to InYourHead [Ad 4d]
InYourHead raises to 945, and is all in
mastiff_23 folds
sulkyfan folds
Cdgef77 calls 845
InYourHead shows [Ad 4d]
Cdgef77 shows [Ah Tc]
*** FLOP *** [7c 2d Kc]
*** TURN *** [7c 2d Kc] [Td]
*** RIVER *** [7c 2d Kc Td] [6c]
InYourHead shows Ace King high
Cdgef77 shows a pair of Tens
Cdgef77 wins the pot (1,940) with a pair of Tens
Cdgef77: GG
InYourHead stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1,940 | Rake 0
Board: [7c 2d Kc Td 6c]
Seat 1: sulkyfan (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: Cdgef77 (big blind) showed [Ah Tc] and won (1,940) with a pair of Tens
Seat 5: InYourHead showed [Ad 4d] and lost with Ace King high
Seat 8: mastiff_23 (button) didn't bet (folded)

gg $55 out in 4th
net -$55

$22 STT

At this point I shouldnt even be playing. I am obviously way off my game, but feel that I have to take down something to show for my evening.

I decide to shut out all distractions and focus. so much for that. First hand I get dealt QQ. I open up for a raise.

I guess one thing I should mention is that the first hand of the $55 that I jsut played I get dealt KK in EP, I open for a raise of 3xbb, a player in MP pushes allin. I thought about it and decided if he had AA, AK, AQ I just didnt want to risk my game on a coin flip.

backing up... So I get QQ in EP and a player in LP pushes in on me. It fodl s back around to me, and I think about it and decide to hell with it, I shouldnt be playing anyway the way I have been running. I decided to let the chips fly and call. If I bust out I'm off to bed.

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to InYourHead [Qh Qc]
Pastor P folds
InYourHead raises to 90
matt497 folds
seacucumber folds
noproblems folds
Diro folds
sulkyfan raises to 1,500, and is all in
justus1933 folds
VietChuckie folds
InYourHead calls 1,410, and is all in
sulkyfan shows [Kd Kc]
InYourHead shows [Qh Qc]
*** FLOP *** [Qs 6h As]
*** TURN *** [Qs 6h As] [9c]
*** RIVER *** [Qs 6h As 9c] [7d]
sulkyfan shows a pair of Kings
InYourHead shows three of a kind, Queens
InYourHead wins the pot (3,045) with three of a kind, Queens
sulkyfan stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3,045 | Rake 0
Board: [Qs 6h As 9c 7d]
Seat 1: justus1933 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: VietChuckie (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: Pastor P didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: InYourHead showed [Qh Qc] and won (3,045) with three of a kind, Queens
Seat 5: matt497 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: seacucumber didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: noproblems didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: Diro didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: sulkyfan (button) showed [Kd Kc] and lost with a pair of Kings


I am a luckbox... I now have a comfortable chip stack and grind my way to the final 4.
I suffered a couple bad beats along the way. The player noproblems stuck me with one.

Full Tilt Poker Game #405129213: $20 + $2 Sit & Go (2621445), Table 1 - 120/240 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:58:57 ET - 2006/01/27
Seat 2: VietChuckie (2,815)
Seat 4: InYourHead (4,450)
Seat 5: matt497 (865)
Seat 7: noproblems (1,410)
Seat 8: Diro (3,960)
matt497 posts the small blind of 120
noproblems posts the big blind of 240
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to InYourHead [Kh Kd]
VietChuckie: diro - nuts of steel
Diro folds
VietChuckie folds
InYourHead raises to 720
matt497 folds
Diro: i thnk you chuckie
noproblems calls 480
*** FLOP *** [Th 9s Jd]
Diro: how many tours did you do in viet
noproblems checks
InYourHead bets 2,640
noproblems calls 690, and is all in
InYourHead shows [Kh Kd]
noproblems shows [Js Qs]
Uncalled bet of 1,950 returned to InYourHead
*** TURN *** [Th 9s Jd] [8c]
*** RIVER *** [Th 9s Jd 8c] [Jc]
InYourHead shows two pair, Kings and Jacks
noproblems shows a straight, Queen high
noproblems wins the pot (2,940) with a straight, Queen high
InYourHead: nh
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2,940 | Rake 0
Board: [Th 9s Jd 8c Jc]
Seat 2: VietChuckie didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: InYourHead (button) showed [Kh Kd] and lost with two pair, Kings and Jacks
Seat 5: matt497 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: noproblems (big blind) showed [Js Qs] and won (2,940) with a straight, Queen high
Seat 8: Diro didn't bet (folded)

He went on to bust on the bubble...

Seat 2: VietChuckie (2,995)
Seat 4: InYourHead (5,705)
Seat 7: noproblems (1,620)
Seat 8: Diro (3,180)
VietChuckie posts the small blind of 150
InYourHead posts the big blind of 300
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to InYourHead [5c 4c]
noproblems calls 300
Diro calls 300
VietChuckie folds
InYourHead checks
*** FLOP *** [3s Kh Ts]
InYourHead checks
noproblems checks
Diro checks
*** TURN *** [3s Kh Ts] [9h]
InYourHead bets 600
noproblems raises to 1,200
Diro raises to 1,800
InYourHead folds
noproblems calls 120, and is all in
Diro shows [9c 9s]
noproblems shows [Qc Kd]
Uncalled bet of 480 returned to Diro
*** RIVER *** [3s Kh Ts 9h] [Ks]
Diro shows a full house, Nines full of Kings
noproblems shows three of a kind, Kings
Diro wins the pot (4,290) with a full house, Nines full of Kings
noproblems stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4,290 | Rake 0
Board: [3s Kh Ts 9h Ks]
Seat 2: VietChuckie (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: InYourHead (big blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 7: noproblems showed [Qc Kd] and lost with three of a kind, Kings
Seat 8: Diro (button) showed [9c 9s] and won (4,290) with a full house, Nines full of Kings

I ended up taking down first place in this one.
net +$68



Tommorrow I am playing in a home game, it looks liek we are going to have between 10-15 players with a $50 buyin. We might have 2 games going, but hopefully I will only be playing one, because the second starts when the first is shorthanded.

I have novice pokerplaying friend coming over who is going to come over tonight for a free poker lesson. The poker game I am playing in is about an hour away. I made a deal with my friend. If he drives, I will hedge his wager. The way the game pays out is 1 buyin to 3rd, 2 buyins to seond, winner takes rest. If either of us takes third we split prize (1/2 buyin) if either of us takes first or second the other person gets their buyin back. I also loaned him the audio version of Phil Gordons Little Green Book to give him some information.

The plan tonight is I am going to play a $22 STT with him ghosting me. I am going to explain why and what I am doing, and hopefully show him how to take down a win. I am then going to let him play another $22 STT and ghost him, and answer any questions he might encounter. And of course drink plenty of Guiness....


My bankroll is in terrible shape right now. I am not sure how I am going to proceed. I know that I cant play $11 STT's, so I will be playing $22's for a while. My total bankroll right now is ~$250. Not really enough to play with out the risk of ruin, but I have a shot. I just need to make sure I am on my A game and attentive to the situations. I am going to try my hand at 3 or 4 more $ sats this weekend. Hopefully I can money or even final table in one of the guaranteed tournaments this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home