Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Improving my endgame

Well I have had some dissapointing returns in the last couple of MTT's I've played. Not making the $, and suffering bad beats, well kinda. I was playing in the FTP 16k on monday. and the following hand came up...

edit:

Ok I dont know what I was thinking or not thinking for that matter. but I just looked over my blog and the HH I posted wasnt even close to the right game.

I had T7 on the bb, UTG+1 min raises to 720 (180/360 antes ~25) folds around to me. I call flop comes T7J I min bet, he raises 4x, I push, he calls and shows JJ, turn 7, river T.... he had me covered by 200 chips.

This hand crippled me and I didnt make a comeback. Sometimes you get lemons sometimes you get lemonade.

Anyway I was playing hte $3r sat to the stars $215 last night and had the big stack at my table when my table was broke. I woke up to find myself at the table of giant stacks! I was surrounded by big aggressive stacks. These players didnt accumulate these chips by being weak. I learned a lesson (only a $15 lesson though b/c thats all I had invested). Do not try to semi-bluff a big stack with a draw. I put myself in a bad position and ended up having to laydown my hand with a lot of chips committed to the pot. At this point I wasnt in good shape. I made a stab at the pot (antes and blinds) with KQs in late position and was called by AJo. Flop was nothing but blanks, A on turn, and I was out.

I dont know what is going on but I am going to regroup and focus and try to make a final table by sunday. I dont know how many MTT's I will be playing but I will probably take a crack at a couple $20+2 180's on stars. I have the $150k on paradise coming this sunday. I checked and last week they had 618 ppl. Its not a huge field , but I am sure the super bowl had something to do with the overlay. Fuck the Shittsburgh Squellers!

Sunday I watched Chris Moneymaker play heads up against the TLB leader. I had no idea he was gonna be a gankster. World Poker Champion, Chris Moneymaker, Cashes in on Poker Craze and Teams ....Suge Knight

So speaking of Headsup play, I havent been runing so bad myself. I have only been playing low level HU games but. 2/3 $10's I took down, and took down 1/1 $20 last night. Get some of that shit mofo!

Tonight I am playing the last of 10 pokerfox.net tourney's. Top 3 points earners get a little change. I am currently in third place so I need to defend my position. We playing NL Holdem, and I would speculae that we will have 15-18 players going at it. The top 6 positions or so are pretty tight, so I think anyone can still take down first. Its always a tough group to play with. I am more confident in my NLHE game against them than my HORSE/OM8, a couple of those guys specialize in OM8 and stud.

I only have about 350 more raked hands at paradise to clear b4 I can get out of their. I havent done terrible at the 1/2 5 max. but those guys are playing $20 bingo every hand. Its tought when you get rivered 5/10 times when you have the best hand. So many guys have caught runner runner on me, I cant see what excuse they would use to justify calling ... I dont criticize them though, I just hope I am the one to bust them out to get a little satisfaction for my troubles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home