Monday, January 16, 2006

Weekend wrapup

Had an interesting weekend. Continuing my shift towards tournaments I registered in a couple large buyin tourneys.

I played the $109 deep stack at pokerstars. I dont really rember alot of this game I had a few too many beers. I finished middle of the field IIRC.

Sunday I played the Bodog $100k, I played this with the bonus $ that was left in my account after I withdrew. I had some more problems withthere software, where I coulndt bet, my cards were autofolded. and I was dealt JJ in LP.

I took a couple screenshots that showed the errors and the refunded a partial buyin. There response was that I was showing a connection delay. They then tried to educate me in the complexity of the internet. They admitted no wrong doing but gave me a small T$ credit ($29).

heres one of the screen shots I sent them.... notice how my cards say folded, but the bet screen is up.... they really need to work out these bugs. Needless to say I didnt do very well in this tourney either.



I played a $3 MTT last night on stars. I owned it. but why???? The play was so terrible. I actually might try to win one of these sometime.

There was a 2k field and I qas ITM before the 2nd hour was up. I quickly took the chipleader position and used it to my advantage. Most of the game I had >100k in chips when most players were <10k. It was getting late and I was tired. I was pushing every other hand unless there was a significant raise in front of me.

I was definetly playing the maniac. With the occasional trap. I probably took out >120 people. Towards the end I did get caught a couple imes with my hand in cookie jar but it didnt stop me.

I ended up finishing in 30th place for a win of ~$15. I know I could have easily mad eit to the final table and probably to at least 4th or 5th but it was past midnight and I had to get up at 5 this morning. I couldnt afford to play for another hour or 2 and still be able to make it to work.

I might tryto take one of thes micro tourneys a little more serious though in the future.maybe a $10 buyin or something. It would be a little more rewardng to make the final table.

I wont be playing any poker tonight, and maybe not any tommorrow. I am rather tired and will just spend some time tonight with the kids and wife.

I am still reevaluating my goals, and will recap the week in my next post. I am still going to try to hit benchmark targets for my bankoll but the paths to get there may shift from limit holdem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home