Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2 days down 363 to go.....

I thought I had made note of it but apparently not. I am going to play a minimum of 3500 hands at each limit prior to stepping up in to a higher limit. I am going to require myself to achieve a reasonable win rate also before moving up. I have decided what my target is going to be yet but I think somewhere between 2-4bb/100, and it will probably depend on the limit. Obviously the higher I move up the hard a 4bb/100 win rate will be able to achieve or maintain, but when moving over to 6max games it might be easier. I will conquer that hurdle when I get there. For now I am at .25/5 and am expecting to achieve a 4bb/100 win rate rather easily.

Ok in sticking to my guns i only played .25/.5 limit. These games can be outright crazy, but it’s what I first started playing well when i was playing limit. Although those games were on stars vs. fulltilt. I'd have to say that i think the stars players were a little better. But what does that matter, as long as I can beat them.

My early fire was put out and I returned to a reasonable win rate so far. I am up 9.5bb and have played 164/3500 hands. I figure it is going to take me about 3 weeks to get in 3500 hands. So it should be a humbling experience. At least I am well bankrolled for this limit. Even though my account is near empty I can drop $200 tomorrow if need be. But I am going to try to make it on what I have. My rake back should be clearing within the next week or so and it will take me a few days to get it withdrawn and transferred over.

Tonight I am playing the pokerfox weekly tournament. Since there have been server issues the admins are making it a $500 guarantee. Usually we have 10-20 players, but I’ve noticed a lot of players who have never played chiming in on the board that they are going to play tonight.... gg overlay

The tournament is $10+1 and since it is equivalent to 40% of my bankroll right now I am going to play that sucker tighter than a nuns ass to make the $. I need the boost, and judging how I have finished the last 2 I have played in I can stand to play tighter.

I found out that there is going to be a home game that I play coming up January 14 or 15th. Looking foward to that. I haven’t cashed in that particular home game at yet. Which has been disappointing considering the competition is generally softer, and I won harder games. I'll touch on that a little later.

I plan on doing weekly and monthly recaps to make sure I am meeting my goals.

My goals for the upcoming weeks are:
Week of Jan 1 - Jan 7
Keep my head above water and not have to redeposit.
Complete 900 of 3500 hands at $0.25/$.5
Finish ITM in pokerfox weekly tournament
Have a bankroll of $75
Begin rereading HOH 1
Read Jennifer Harman's Section on Limit Hold’em in SSII.

Week of Jan 8 - Jan 14
Complete 1800 of 3500 hands at $0.25/$0.5
Have a bankroll of $150
Finish rereading HOH 1

Week of Jan 15 - Jan 21
Complete 2700 of 3500 hands at $0.25/$0.5
Have a bankroll of $225
Begin rereading HOH 2

Week of Jan 22 - Jan 28

Complete 3500 of 3500 hands at $0.25/$0.5
Have a bankroll of $300
Begin playing $.50/$1
Finish rereading HOH 2 prior to the start of BPT game #1

My overall goal for January is:
Finish my 3500 hands at $0.25/$.50 with a win rate of >5bb/100.
Boost my bankroll to at least $300
Begin playing the BPT, and move into $0.50/$1 games

I am going to start posting my stats on here using pokergrapher. For now I am only going to post my $.25/$.5 stats. Since I can hit the reset button on New Years I elected to do so. I am putting all loses behind me and moving forward. I am officially a break even player as of this past Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home