Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Pokerfox weekly tournament results

well I didn’t fair well in the members tourney last night. We had 21 entrants and I finished 11. right at middle position.

I only saw one pocket pair entire game and that was pocket fives UTG+2 and UTG+1 raised 3 bb. I was short stacked and would have had to commit 30% of my stack to a call. UTG+1 had me covered 6x, so I elected to fold.

A lot of my problems started early because I had 2 LAG players acting immediately behind me. I could not steal blinds, or limp into pots. I tried to make some plays early but the LAG 2 seats to my left came over top on me on 2 occasions and I had to lay my hand down.

I was actually short stacked early because of those 2 plays and managed to limp through the field. When the blinds were 60/120 I was UTG+2 and dealt 10Jo, I had a stack of 460 and elected to push. I was re-raised by player immediately to my left and he showed A9o. flop came Axx, turn was 9. Three spades on board I had Js and villain had none. River was a blank and I was out. gg scary....

No regrets though. I like playing these tourneys, there's always a lot of smack talking going on. and last night was no different. I am definitely going to get into my HOH books again though b/c playing limit cash games has caused me to forget alot of the strategy I used in the past to beat the SNG's and MTT"s. I might try to get in a little MTT action so that I can be fresh for the BPT. Stars runs $1 5 table Sng's and even though they are don fests I can usually beat them. I may throw $50 on there just to give those a run. I think they pay out $15 for first and if I can beat a few I might buy into a $10 MTT. The thing that kills me at Stars though is how large the field’s are. Its like wading through a mine field. On second thought I might try the 180 man $20 sng's if I can win a couple $1's....

I played a couple of hands of limit last night, but only ~30 and showed very small profit.

I am not sure if I will be playing any tonight or not. Will have to see how the evening unfolds.

I signed u for the ESPN Fantasy Poker competition that is starting up this week. This used to be hosted by Bluff magazine, and ESPN attracts more players but offers less prizes. We’ll see how it unravels. There are a lot of disgruntled players at bluff, who don’t like the changes. Nobody ever likes change though. I haven’t formed an opinion yet whether I like it or not. It will really depend on how I do :-p

So the first event is starting this weekend. It's the Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure. I picked the following players as my crew. I order of rankings : Allen Cunningham, John Juanda, Kathy Liebert, Greg Raymer, David Williams, Daniel Negraneau, and Eveyln Ng.

You are limited to seven players, and a "salary cap" based on the players values. I tried to diversify my crew with players whom I thought might be playing and would probably make a good standing. I'll post my results next Monday....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home