Sunday, January 08, 2006

Week 1 goal review

The goals I had set out for week 1 are:

Week of Jan 1 - Jan 7
Keep my head above water and not have to redeposit.

Well I have successfully kept my head above water. Although I have made some poor decisions along they way. I have played in several MTT's that my bankroll cannot really sustain. With the exception of winning a couple sattelite tokens, I havent cashed in any of them and they have proven to be -EV for me right now.

I will probably still play a couple of more in the following week. I need to improve my Tournament skills if I want to do well in the Bluff Poker Tour. Hopefully reading HOH again will help me have some improvement.

The best part though is that I met the main principle of this goal.

Complete 900 of 3500 hands at $0.25/$.5

I actually just finished my 900 hands today. Just a partial day shrot of my target. I am happy with my results of the first 900 hands for the year. I ended 901 hands up +143.8 bb. Woooohaaa.

here is the graph



Finish ITM in pokerfox weekly tournament

This was a complete failure. I probably wont be playing this weeks private tournament because it is PLO/8b. I like Omaha but my bankroll just cant carry a buyin this week. I wont be playing any MTT's this week unless they are freerolls.

I think I have a recapp of tourney below. If not just trust me when I say it was a disaster.

Have a bankroll of $75

I didnt make this goal either. As it stands now my bankroll is a meager $53.05. However if I hadnt played the numerous MTT's I p[layed in my bankroll would be at >$100 easily.

I am only slightly dissapointed in missing this goal for several reasons. One being that I met it but squandered the proceeds on the MTT's. Ithink that even though I didnt cash in the MTT's it was a good learning experience. It helped me to recall some of the strategy and dynamics required to do well in tournaments.

I also am expecting a decent amount of rakeback in the next week. I estimate that it will be about $100. I am also close to clearing another $20 of deposit bonus.

Begin rereading HOH 1

I havent had a chance to get into this yet. Unless begin implies that I just need to pick it up and fan throug ha couple sections. I will have to crank it down in the next week to meet my schedule.

Read Jennifer Harman's Section on Limit Hold’em in SSII.

I ahve read all but 10 pages of this and found some usefull information. Most of it is just rehashing what I have read before. I have foudn myself playing a little tighter and positional after reading it. I was already aggressive, so thats nothing new. I have also been working on my reads based on my opponents previous play.

I think this has helped improve my gaem a little bit. If you look at my stats you will notice a pretty significant increase in the trend.

Well overall I am fairly pleased with my results. Weel 2 here I come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home