Saturday, August 19, 2006

pimpin HOES in HORSE

ok... I know my last post was about the mixed game on stars, but i cant help myself.

This game is the nuts! some much +EV. It so freaking juicy. If you have anysort of Stud skills you need to get in these games.

Unfortunately for me the lowest limit is 1/2, so I'm not practicing the smartest bankroll mangement. However, there are tons of players in these gmaes that are way more under bankrolled. I have seen guys sit in with ~$20, and go broke in an instant. I'm not as concerned about my bankroll shortcomings b/c of the split games. and Obv razz is an low action game unless you have some total fishcake in it. (I did pickup a $48 pot from one with my 6543A)I love it when the players are asking how to play Razz.

I did have some suckouts a couple of hands, but cant be avoided in limit games. It just sucks when you know the other guy is on the low, but manages to 2 pair on 7th street and scoop.

I have been playing at least one cycle through the games, but have sat in up to 4 or 5 rotations. I am definetly hooked on these games for the time being.

Growing up draw was the first poker game I learned. Stud was the second and most common. I am pretty good at reading hands and valuing my draws.

So besides my Horse play, I played a 180 man $22. I finished about 90th. I was on the button and opened for a raise 3x. bb pushed on me. I had AQs. I had pushed on him the last 3 hands we were involved together, and he folded. I really though about it and felt like he was trying to make a statement that he was tired of me coming over the top of him. I checked the lobby, and if I were to dbl up I would be in the top 7 and could really start abusing ppl with my stack. I elected to make the call. I was right in my read he showed A9o. the flop came all 9xx with 2 of my suit. Unfortunately I didnt catch a Q or a diamond and was out. I then went back to my mixed games :o)

So the bankroll took a nice boost today. I am now at $312.39.

Thanks for reading, and like I said get to stars if you have any stud skills before all the fish are skinned and learn their lesson.

GL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home