Sunday, February 12, 2006

gg MTT's


Did horrible in the 150k guaranteed. In fact I think it was my worst showing ever. Maybe its the 4 redbulls I drank before the tourney began. I tried to stay out of the game, but just couldnt. I tried to make some moves with medium pocket pairs, and didnt have the nuts to follow thru on them. I ended up finding my self with about half my starting chips and dealt QQ UTG. I bet out 3.25x the bb, and found 4 callers. Flop showed an Ace and a flush draw. I should have let my hand go. Everyone checked. Turn brought the flush card. I had the Q to the flush and had about 1200 in chips, there was about 700 in the pot. there were 2 players to act behind me and 2 in front. The two players in front checked. I thought about it and decided to make the movepush, unfortunetly one of the players behing me had J9 to the flush. I didnt catch another heart and was knocked out 801 of 890. Just a terrible and feeling knowing I should have let the hand go when the A came.

Anyway, I went ahead and cashed out my paradise account. I wasnt real found of the site, and unless they are running some deposit bonuses I wont be playing there in the near future.

I decided to go and mess around on bodog since I had about $70 on there still. I played a $11 STT and went out in level 4. I then ditched that site, b/c playing the STT reminded me why I hadnt played there in a while. They really need to work on their software. Apparently they have made some improvements, but its still crap.

I then went to check on my UB account. I had $2.27 on their from rakeback from a month or 2 ago that was deposited after I cashed out. I figured I couldnt do any harm playing with that and sat down at a 6 max 0.05/0.1 limit table. O the drama.

I felt kind of rediculous playing that low of a limit table but decided to make a challenge of it. I had about $70 in bonus $ that I hadnt cleared. I statrted a table so that I earned 25% more UB points than normal, and started grinding away. I actually managed to get it up to $5 before my table broke. I also cleared $2 in bonus $. I took a break to eat some dinner and then sat at another table. It was another 6max .05/.1 limit table. I played for a little bit and when I quit my UB bankroll was a whopping $9.49. I think I might mess around and see if I can clear my entire bonus before moving on. If I can get up to $25 I will move to the .25/.5 table so that I will earn a little rakeback while I'm at it. I'm earning rakeback at the .05/.1 limit but I'm sure its something rediculously miniscule. I havent checked my stats, but at 300 hands with an average rake of $0.03 at 6 max with my 28% rake I would earn $0.42. Woohaaa time to retire.


I noticed that pokerstars had a 5500 person field today in the 750k, which put it over 1 million. The field was so largethe software couldnt handle the payout structure and resorted back to 50/30/20 for first second and third. Pokerstars owns the online tournament market.

The revised payouts are posted online

The winner is set to take down $173k. Thats just unbelievable.

I dont think I will be playing any MTT's for a while after my latest results. My game seems to go in cycles. I think I am in the ring game cycle right now, maybe when I get back into MTTs I will take another shot at the largest online weekly tournament.

Right now I am going to be focusing back on bankroll building through cash games, and primarily focus on limit games and bonus whoring with rakeback.


Something else thats been on my mind lately is that In less than 4 weeks I will turn 30! Man how time flies. I honestly never thought I would live to be 30 when I was younger. I grew up in the inner city ghetto and in the hood nobody lives that long. I can remeber being 16 running around being a thug, getting shot at or doing the shooting. So many of the guys I grew up with died at a young age, or are spending the rest of their life in prison. I always felt like I might be shot the next day, and really came to expect it.

I feel privlidged that I was able to escape that environment, and mentality. I worked hard and was fortunate enough to have a few people who ended up being role models and positive influences in my life. I actually got in some serious trouble when I was 17 , and even after I turned 21. There was a real chance that I was going to be joining those friends in prison. I managed to dodge the bullet and get a second (or fourth, or fifth) chance to do the right thing.

I went to school and earned a college degree to keep myself from being involved in the activities that had put me in that predicament.

Anyway looking back now I realize how lucky I was, and am glad that I am going to be bale to enjoy my 30th birthday with my family friends, and children. Even if I am going to be the subject of over the hill jokes, its better than the alternative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home