Saturday, July 01, 2006

embarrassing

so yesterday I was playing a little, and found a guy sitting alone. I decided to play some hu nl. I wasnt very lucky and ended up dumping 4 buyins to this guy before the table filled up. It was a 10max table so I didnt really feel like sticking around.

I had a friend come over last night and we sat and shot the shit and drank some beer. I had already been registered to play in a MTT so I asked him if he'd mind if i went ahead and played. It was the BPT final event.

I was running well and catching a ton of hands. In the second hand I flopped the nut straight and pretty much doubled my stack. I had great momentum. I had a couple players at the table gunning for me b/c of my aggressive play. I ended up in second place with 20k in chips, 1st had 21k. third had ~4k. there were about 19 players left and the top 10 payed.

When the tabels were merged i was seated before the CL. I told my friend that I didnt need to get involved in any hands with him, b/c the rest of the table was so short, and I could easily coast to the final 5 or so.

So what did I do? I got involved withthe chip leader several of the next hands and ended up giving him all my chips within 10-15 mins. I also went out 12th place. IT was rather embarrassing.

My friend asked if he could play some and I obliged. I set him up on a $10nl 6 max on UB. I gave him a couple of pointers and answered questions when he had them on how he should play a hand.

HE acutally made about 2 buyins during his 150 hands or so. HE picked up a little knowledge too. Pretty cool IMHO, being able to teach someone how to play. I wish someone was around to teach me when I first started playing.

Today I am playing the BPT event for a ME package. The structure looks good 5k in starting chips, ~40 ppl playing (so it looks now). I'm pretty psyched and hope to take it down.

I'll update later.

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its going to be a long one. So far so good for you I see :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home