Saturday, June 03, 2006

a couple of personal observations

1. I need to stop playing outside of my bankroll. A couple of bad beats and I am down 50%. I dont let it afffect my game, but maybe I should. If I am playing bad I just continue to play bad.

2. I need to set stop losses. Even if its only to take a 30 minute break. I ran through several buyins back to back b/c I was tilting. Very adverse effect when playing over my bankroll, and still not pleasant when I am within my bankroll.

3. I am not cut out to 4 table 6 max NL games, at least at the micro limits. I took a shot at the $10 NL tables, and ran through 3 buyins. I crushed 2 tables, but still finished down.

4. In tournaments I have to focus more. I was playing a $30 MTT last nght (bought in with UB points) and was killing it during the second hour. I got into a confrontation with a player who had obviously been making moves on ppl, but accumulated a big stack. I missed my hand and he moved on me on the river. I folded which was the right move 98% of the time. He proceeded to show me a huge bluff, and sent me into tilt. The next hand I paid off a set, and 2 hands later I was gone.

I'm sure there are other things about my game that I need to pick up on, and correct, but lately the above issues have djust killed me.

I am going to tucdk tail and drop down to the micro tables again :-/ I am going to follow a 5%/10% bankroll management rule for my cash games with a 15% session stop loss, at this point I am going to take at least a 30 min break. I am also going to follow a STT/MTT rule of 3%/1.5%. I dont play many STT's 'but might start playing more in the future.

So far june has been horrible to me. I hope to turn it around. My bankroll isnt completely trashed, but it has been humbling. I know I can beat the $50NL games, now I need to make sure I am properly funded to play those games.

My goal for June is to build my bankroll up to 1k, by following the above bankroll guidelines. I am certain I can do it, now I just need to get to work. I am going to set a goal of 6k hands for the month. I know its not a lot for some ppl, but its a ton for my schedule. 6k will require me to put in 1500 per week, and if I am lucky my longest sessions currently run 300 hands.

So where am I at now?

without my up coming rakeback my bankroll is 103.79. S othat means that I am playing the $10NL tables with a half buyin :-/ thats just shitty, but its necessary.

Anyway I hope some of you are having a good run, I'll be living vicaiously thourhg your blogs for a while.

good luck!

a little addendum to my earlier post.
I played 2 100pt tournaments (basically 100 pts has the value of $0.40, yeah pathetic) anyway I took first in both for 500 pts each or a profit of 800pts($3.2). The value doesnt mean squat, but I think I played very well and the value of a confidence boost is long term +EV.

In the first one I was out chipped 2:1 HU, and took it down smooth. The second one I had a 12.5k to 2.5k so their wasnt much chance for my opponent. He did last a while though.

2 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scary, your one of my favorite bloggers. I really hope the bankroll issues work out for you this time because you too good of a player to be playing at $10NL. Good luck.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Jerry said...

thanks bud,

I hope they work out too. I am actually going to play some $5 STT on stars for a while, hopefully I will be able to build up the br, and get back to playing 50nl and actually be financed to do so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home