Tuesday, May 30, 2006

not a good monday

I actually got to play a little today. In between mowing the lawn (It was a hot day, had to do it in sessions) and cooking dinner for the family. Unfortunately it wasnt all good.

I sat in a HU cashgame and played with a guy for a long time. I am not sure how many hands we had in but it was surely 1-200. He was actually a tough opponent and I we had about 250 in play on the table. The game went back and forth several times. Eventually I doubled thru him and had my initial stake back in hand. He departed and I was getting ready to go. I was taking some notes on him when another player sat in and my blind was auto posted. I checked in bb, and fodled on flop. the second hand I was dealt AA, and raised. The flop came out 8 4 2, and the turn was a 7. I managed to get this guy to put all his chips in and he showed Q8o. Lucky for me a Q came on the river, and now I was stuck for $50. I played a little more with the guy, and before I knew it he left (maybe 6 hands later). ... what a dick cheese.

anyway, I accidently sat at a .5/1 NL table. I figured its no different than a $50NL table. I bought in for $50 originally but decided I needed a max buyin. After I got stacked with my AAQQ vs a set of ducks, I realized how much different it was. I rebought, hoping to catch a good hand, but ended up leaving down ~150 on the 100nl table. Not again until I have a 2k bankroll....

I played some $50NL and was able to pull back from the darkness. I stacked a guy with 44466 over 22266 when we both flopped a set, and rivered the boat. I bet out 10 into a 15 pot, he raised me up to 28, and i pushed on him.

I ended up finishing the day -$80, which was my own fault. I witnessed something interesting while playing tonight. I was playing with this super aggro player, and I had position on him. I pretty muc hlet him bet my hands for me and threw in a slighlty bigger than min raise on the turn or river. This guy ended up getting stuck bad. I added him to my friends list b/c he seemed like a juice ball.

I noticed him pop onto another table 10-15mins later, this time he was sitting at a 1/2nl table. I think I was originally playing with him on the 100nl or 50nl (I dont quite recall). Just to be a dick I popped on and asked him if he was chasing his losses. He replied that he was, but couldnt help it. He left his table a couple of hands later, and joined a table with just 2 players. Again this was a 1/2NL table. He had 68 infront of him (presumably his whole br. He was still playing a hyper aggro game. He managed to get a few hands, and steal a few more and had 120 in front of him.

He got involved in a hand with a player, who I'm sure had became aware of his hyper tendencies by now. On a flop of 2 clubs middle cards, he bet and was raised. He pushed, and was called after a little deliberation. The other player showed top pair, good kicker (possibly straight draws) and he showed J high flush draw and was busted. WHAMM! It was like watching a high speed police chase, you are just waiting for the crash. I knew it was coming. I kinda felt bad for the guy.

I like to take shots, and am severly under funded right now, but I dont get my self into a situation where I am no longer able to play. I'm ok with playying the micro limits if I jack up my bankroll, but am hoping that maybe I can pull in a little profit at another limit and help boost my br, and hopefully permenantly move me up in limits. I dont play higher limits in a n effort to chase my losses. I think its just not a good idea. I know my thought processes arent quite right after losing(ecspecially to bad beats), and moving up will just complicate the situation.

I took a shot tonight, it didnt work out, and I jumped back down. Now my br is smaller, and if I go even smaller I will have to adjust accordingly. Hopefully though I can recoup my losses, and move on. I am sure I will take shots in the future, but at this point I am not going to take an more shots at 100nl until I have a significantly larger bankroll.

Well thats all I have, I'm going to cut this short and crash. I need to get my 5 hours of sleep. I feel like I am so tied that my thoughts are just getting all jumbled up.

Apparently I have got in more play this month than any other months since ~nov. I am picking up my largest rakeback payment in sometime for my play this month (2 days left), so that will be a nice little boost to the br.

Good Luck to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home