Monday, May 29, 2006

home game report

Played the home game yesterday. All hte gmaes we play are a winner take all format, unless first and second want to work something out.

The first game we played a 9 man $20 rebuy with 1/2 starting chips for rebuy. WE started with 2k in chips, and you had to bust before you could rebuy. I ended up busting early against a CS when I had JJ and he called a turn push with bottom pair K6o a pair of 6's. He caught a set on the river and I was busto. I rebought, but never got anything ot work with. When I rebought the blins were 50/100, and some of the players wre already on big stacks. I madea
push on the bb with AsQs into a family pot. the calling station called me with 66, and I didnt improve.

The second game we played a $20 7 man freezeout. The first game lasted so long that we decided this one should have more of a turbo structure. That meant skipping 2 of the early blind levels. This would have been fine if we got in more than 3 hands per blind level. I ended up getting killed when I lost one pot (again with JJ, against the CS bad hand.) and was down to 1100. The blinds got to me and were 200/400. I folded my blind to a 3 way push with 62o. In the SB I put all my chips in with Kc9c. I didnt improve and was out.

The third game we played a little different. It was only a $10 freezeout, which is the lowest stakes game I have ever seen played at this home game. One of the guys was going to leave, and had been paying for his GF to play. I guess the host wanted more ppl to play so they lowered the buyin to keep him around. He was already stuck for $120, and is genereally a low stakes player.

This game we started with $50 in chips and 7 players. The blinds started at 1/2 and went up everytime someone busted. The blind levels were slow at 1/2, 2/4, 3/6, 4/8, 5/10. I really like this game there was some room for play. We lost 2 players back to back and were at the 3/6 level quick. I hung back waiting for godd hands or good position. I managed knock out the calling station my first hand I was involved with with his meager holding vs my straight. We were down to the 4 best players.

I like the fact that only good players remained. Players who were actually capable of laying down middle pair. I was able to pick of a couple of medium sized pots with position when I sensed weakness. Before long I had over 1/2 the chips in play. I was kidding around with the guys and the BB player madea smart (but in jest) comment, I looked down and saw As9s and told him if thats how it was then he was all in "b/c thats how I roll" HE only had 31 chips behind and I was on ~169. it folded back to him and he called with KTo. The flop was AxJx3x. He was calling for a Q but it didnt come and I was now behind a bigger stack.

I was squeezing the short stack. Letting him see a flop, but putting him allin on the turn. He was the dealer in a 3 way hand and pushed for 31. I was the bb and had put in 10, and the sb called. I had intended on checking it down. and called with 84o. I caught an 8 on the flop with a ragged board. action was checked around. I caught a 4 on the urn and it was checkecd to me. I looked at the chips and knew if I picked up this pot I would have a 4:! chip advantage. I also realized that the sb would likly call if he had any of the board since it was so ragged. I decided to push. I also knew the sb would likely call just to get another game started. They had talked of playing the same game again but a real $50 cash freezeout.

He called and had 9's, the turn was a K giving dealer top pair, and I took it down for $70, leaving me exactly even for my session :-p better than being a loser.

There was some wagering on the race and PHX DAL game too, but I didnt get in on any of that. both had interesting outcomes though.

I know I will probably be picking up a little traffic from the BPT victory. IF any of you want to do a link exchange post a comment and add me to your blog roll and I will do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home