Saturday, July 29, 2006

hitting a positive ROI

I think my sitngo game has come a long way in the past 6-8 months. during the winter I could win pretty consistantly, but went on a bad run playing $55's. I decided I wanted to switch my game up, and joined cardrunners and started working on my NL cash game.

I think learning a selectively LAG style of play in the short handed NL cash games helped expand my SnG skills. watching MTT & STT videos has helped my game also. I think understanding how other players approach the game helped open my own thinking. I dont think there is a perfect way to play, but there are several successfull approaches.

I have been playing some 10 man turbos, and 6 man Sng's. I'm trying to work on my inflection point play, and heads up play. In the 10 mans I am having success cashing but hitting a lot more 3rds and 2nds than first. I really want to be able to close more frequently.

I am seeing my bankroll grow too through my sitngo play. This is very important right now. Fortunately I am still going to meet my previous goal unless I go on some rediculous cold streak.

I have been taking some shots at the micro level MTT's, $11 and under and $3r & $5r's. No success but I'm not playing in a MTT unless I take down a first. Kind of a way to reward myself and take shots.

I think I'm going to be playing on stars for a while, and am going to request my MTT/STT history for the last couple weeks and keep track of my ROI. I havent been very good about keeping track of this.

I havent been using my pokertracker/pahud. I think it could actually be detrimental to my STT/MTT play. given the different dynamics involved in play, and the way in which the play changes throughout different levels I think it could present information about my opponents that could be easily misinterpretted.

So if any of you know of solid software to track MTT/STT ROI please let me know. I knwo there is some on 2p2 but dont want to try them all if someone can recommend a solid one.

I'll post my results when stars send them to me.

good luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home