Sunday, July 16, 2006

a new experience

I played aton this weekend, but pretty much ground at even. i hit some bad spots and recouped losses. Fortunately I played on my rakeback account and think I picked up at least one buyin with my play. I'll have to check my stats tommorrow.

Tonight a friend it me up on IM and asked if I was playing tonight. I told him I ws in fact currently playing. I inquired if he was playing in the Full Tilt 100 seat WSOP guarnatee satellite. This tournament is right up his alley and bankroll. He said he couldnt b/c of some family obligations and asked if I wanted to play on his account. I was a little stunned. While I have known this guy online for about a year, and we have played together, done funds transfers, and a couple of other trust requiring deals, I was kind of surprised he offered to stake me in a $500 tournament.

Anyway we worked out the details of the arrangement and I registered to play about an hour before the tourney. The tournament drew in 3050 entrants and paid out 127 12k packages. My friend had already won a seat on FTP so he would collect cash if I won. He told me that he thought the field would be weak, and boy he was right.

I was a little shocked at some of the bad play I witnessed. Perry Friendman was at my table and involved in a hand where the other guy managed to suck out. kind of a funny exchange.
Full Tilt Poker Game #804377130: WSOP 100 Seat Guarantee (4341470), Table 150 - 40/80 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:49:16 ET - 2006/07/16
Seat 1: Perry Friedman (3,470)
Seat 2: xxxxxx (3,525)
Seat 3: xxxxxx (3,960)
Seat 4: xxxxxx (1,615)
Seat 5: xxxxxx (2,770)
Seat 6: RakinEmIn (2,540)
Seat 7: xxxxxx (4,130)
Seat 8: xxxxxx (1,125)
Seat 9: xxxxxx (3,865)
Perry Friedman posts the small blind of 40
xxxxxx posts the big blind of 80
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xxxxxx [Jh 3d]
xxxxxx folds
xxxxxx folds
xxxxxx folds
RakinEmIn calls 80
xxxxxx folds
xxxxxx folds
xxxxxx folds
Perry Friedman calls 40
xxxxxx checks
*** FLOP *** [Ts 3c Kc]
Perry Friedman bets 90
xxxxxx folds
RakinEmIn raises to 510
Perry Friedman calls 420
*** TURN *** [Ts 3c Kc] [6c]
Perry Friedman checks
RakinEmIn checks
*** RIVER *** [Ts 3c Kc 6c] [Td]
Perry Friedman bets 770
RakinEmIn raises to 1,950, and is all in
Perry Friedman calls 1,180
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RakinEmIn shows [Th Ks] (a full house, Tens full of Kings)
Perry Friedman shows [Ac 5c] (a flush, Ace high)
RakinEmIn wins the pot (5,160) with a full house, Tens full of Kings
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 5,160 | Rake 0
Board: [Ts 3c Kc 6c Td]
Seat 1: Perry Friedman (small blind) showed [Ac 5c] and lost with a flush, Ace high
Seat 6: RakinEmIn showed [Th Ks] and won (5,160) with a full house, Tens full of Kings

Perry Friedman: nh
RakinEmIn: ty
Perry Friedman: My slow play on the turn cost me
Perry Friedman: Although I am not sure I like playing KT off from middle position :-)
RakinEmIn: was cheap
Dean (Architect): Do my eyes deceive me or is the low stack handing out poker advice?
Perry Friedman: yeah, but you end up putting yourself in a lot of awkward situations
kingweazel (Observer): lol dean
RakinEmIn: thats poker Perry
Perry Friedman: Other than flopping broadway.. what are you hoping for?
RakinEmIn: taking ur chips
Perry Friedman: If you hit your K or T, you can't be too confident
RakinEmIn: short stacked, how can I not take those risks, especially when the playing field is so large?

rakinemin didnt last through the first hour, probably too many risks.

I on the other hand probably played a little too conservatively, combined with being card dead and folding a couple of pocket pairs when the board came all overs I only made it through to about the second hour. I ended up busting about 900 of the 3050.

It was dissapointing, If I would have placed I would have been well into my 10k goal. It was fun though and an oppurtunity I wasnt expecting to have today. i am a little optomistic that my friend will stake me in some more tourney's later. He states that he feels it is +EV given all the times we have railed each other and discussed poker strategy. I'm not the kind of person to ask for something like that though, so we will see. If not I'll still be playing at that level on my own in the future.

Back to perry, I dont really know much about the guy but he is kinda funny at the poker table. I feel for the pro's at FTP. I know its there job to be approachable, but If it were me I'd have to tell ppl to fuck off. So many ppl were hounding him, asking him for autographed pics, and other crap. Like to play the play chip freeroll and just all around dumb stuff. He was very amicable and wit hteh exception of the jackasses he ignored always responded politely.

It was kinda funny though some ppl were complaining about the software running slow and he quiped "Perry Friedman: You should be fine on the rest of the site if you close the tourney". pretty sharp remark.

well i hope your weekedn was good thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home