Monday, May 22, 2006

bankroll motivation

I have noticed that my bankroll dilemma is forcing me to play better. Unfortunately the converse is also true, when I have a healhy bankroll I find myself playing looser and making calls and plays that I know are just wrong.

Anyway, I had a short session today, about 3-400 hands. I'm not exactly sure because I had problems with my pahud skipping hands. I was going to post a graph and realized that it only showed about 1/2 of my profit.

I am feeling better about my play, and being patient and making good reads/plays. I managed to pull down a reasonable profit in relation to my bankroll today. Unfortunately, I am forced to play above my bankroll, unless I grind out the penny tables.

I can not find myself at the penny tables playing bingo. So I have opted to play $25NL or $50NL and short buy.

Having a short stack has advantages. First, you are not giving the right implied odds for ppl to chase hands. Second when you make your hands, others are usually getting the pot odds that require them to call. Its definetly a different game than the big stack game I had been playing.

I dont min buy, but usually 40-50% of the max or 40-50bb. So today I picked up an extra $46 for the bankroll and am now at $134.50. So I am sitting on 5.5 buyins to the $25 NL game. I have just a little more breathing room, and with some patience might be able to grind that up to $300 by the weekend.

I'm calling it a night, I have been dealing with some allergies/sinus issues and took some meds that are causing me to be rather drowsy. Hope fully I can shake my bad game habits along with this sinus problem.

Good luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home