Sunday, January 07, 2007

who woulda thunk...

that a free trip would cost so much :-p

Today I ran out and got some things that I will need for my trip, and other miscellaneous no trip related things. I took my wife out to a dinner, and let the kids visit with grandma and grandpa. It was a pretty relaxed day overall.

I wasnt home much at all today, but did manage to get in just a little time at the nl tables. basically while I was drinking my morning coffee and about 20 mins this evening.

Since I am adjusting my sleep schedule, I slept until just after noon today. It really doesnt seem right. I am genereally a person that gets up at 5-6 am during the week, and 7 on the weekends. Considering I was up until 6 last night, that wouldnt have been possible.

I am definetly feeling anxious about my trip now. Its coming up real soon, and it seems like I am not at all ready. I will be pretty busy leading up to my departure, and need to fit some time in to get things together. Fortunately I have a great wife, whom I suspect will help me get my things together and pack. I was talking to my wife today, and this will be the longest that we have been apart since we met, and by far the longest tiem I have been away from the kids. I have sent my oldest daughter to visit relatives, and to camp, but that was only about 5 day. I'm going to miss seeing all of them while I am gone.

I have a ton of things to get done for work too, so I think my poker time is going to be nearly non existint. In fact I will probably be workign on work things tonight until about 6 or 7 am. Its a good thing I have a solid stash of redbull at my disposal.

My stepdad loaned me his digital SLR, with a couple of lenses. I'm excited about having a nice camera with me while on my trip. Hopefully I will be able to capture some good shots to remember my trip.

As far as my poker recap for the day goes. I got in 527 hands(according to my poker grapher, sometimes this hasnt been accurate)and profitted $84.97 on the day. I think these #'s include my post midnight play since 12:01am saturday, so they are somewhat innaccurate representation. I definetly hit a profit though, and my bankroll is now at $659.95. So I will book today as a win. Sunday will be the end of my first week, and I hope to continue my upward momentum.

1 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger imjusthere4thebeer said...

I took a third shift temp job to help adjust my sleep schedule, and to ensure the kids have money while at Grandmas...

It will be the longest I've ever been without my kids as well.

Lookin forward to the trip! Soccer, beer, and more poker tonight...

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home