Saturday, January 06, 2007

ewww stinky

I had a bad run tonight in a MTT and a couple of STT's. Hitting blanks like it was my job. I ended up getting down a good amount, but managed to pull some profit back in my cash game. I did finish at about (-$40).

I'll contribute my losses to 2 things,

1) I played a $33 MTT, above my bankroll requirements but decided that since I am ahead of my weekly goal I would take a shot. I am going to allocate 30% of any weekly overage to taking a shot. and withdraw 30%, and leave the remaining 30% in my bankroll. As part of this tangent I will note that my bankroll is at $600 currently. I am still undecided about adding another lump of cash. I'm considering it, maybe adding enough to bring me to 1k.

2) The STT's I played in were 10 man turbos, these tournaments have high variance. Combined with optimal strategy of pushing with a short stack. I found myself on the wrong side of suckouts. No worries though, I was happy with my play and only have one hand that I would have played differently. The hand didn't bust me out, but caused me to lose my chip lead in one of the STT's.

Since I am down, I decided to take a break and do some other things around the house, maybe get some brownie points with the wife. I will probably hit the tables again in a little bit since I will likely be up for another 7 hours.... I think I am going to go to the gym about 5am since I will be up. Right now I'm jamming on some redbulls/monster.

My passport has been processed finally! Its in the mail, and should arrive on monday via fedex. I was also able to get my Australian Visa processed, and now its only a matter of time. Although I have not even began thinking about what to pack. I am going to go shopping tomorrow and pick up a couple of things, and ask my wife to iron some things for me :-)

Lots of drama going on in my family (not my wife/kids, rather my brothers and step brothers). Here is an interesting tidbit. I am the oldest of 5 brothers, I also have 1 half sister, 2 step sisters (1 deceased), and 4 step brothers. So of the twelve of us there are bound to be some dysfunction. I would say that we are at about 85% for dysfunction! It seems like crazy shit happens once a week. Too much drama to go into right now, but definitely stuff that is on my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home