Friday, January 05, 2007

O boy staying up late!

I just finished busting out of a 6max MTT. rather small field of ~130ppl. top 12 paid. I went out 10th which is dissapointing b/c I had the chip lead for a while, but teh blind/antes were getting high to the point whoever picked up the blinds & antes became the chip leader. Even more dissapointing is the fact that 10-12th payed the same, and there was a 50% increase at 9th. the 9th place player busted out less than 3 seconds after me on the opposite table.

All together I played 4 MTT's tonight. I ended up getting KK vs AA in the second hour of one, and busting out. I honestly dont recall how I busted out of the other 2 at this point. I am kind of exhausted. I only slept 4 hours last night, and have been up for 20 hours now.

Over all I did finish in the black tonight adding about $17 to my bankroll. However all of this profit came from my cash game, and I had an $8.75 loss in my MTT buyins. I am pretty pleased with my results over the last few days. I have increased my bankroll by $138.37 Since January 1st (which is 27.7%). I guess I had better set out my cashout plan soon. :-) thats a good problem to have though.

It was fun though, and I have no complaints :-)

I also ran out and grabbed Eric Lindgren's Final Table book under actypers advice. I flipped through the first chapter and a couple other sections. It looks like there is a lot of fluff in it, but for the price I cant complain. I picked it up for $10, and if I pick up one thing out of it I am sure it will pay for itself 100x's over.

I am a debating infusing a little more cash into my bankroll, but am undecided. I have a little poker cash socked aside. I have been debating using it to buy a new laptop, adding it to my bankroll and hopefully using that to increase my poker earnings, or using it to buy my wife something she wants.

Well I am not thinking to clearly b/c of being so tired. I am going to sit back and watch a couple of videos and go to bed in about an hour or so. My wife isnt exactly happy with me switching my schedule around, but I tried to explain to her that it is about the easiest way to adjust to the time zone change. I am going to get up in the morning about 10 or so and go hit the gym before going into the office. I have some projects at work that need to be done, so will probably work on those over the weekend during the early morning hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home