Monday, January 01, 2007

starting the year off well

I didnt get muc hplay in today, about 150 hands of NL, and 5 $10+1 stt's. I finished up in the NL games by $3.20, and took 3 firsts in my stt's, one 4th, and 1 7th. I'm trying to figure out how to set up a spreadsheet to track cashgames, bankroll, and sitngo's/tournaments as well as the different sites.

At the end of the day I am up $120. I know its about as small of a sample size as I can get, but its a profit.

I also got some good news from the guys at poker.com today. I'm not going to elaborate as I think it should remain confidential, but I will say that once again those guys show that they are at the top of the pack when it comes to customer service.

I played the 20k Guarantee on poker.com yesterday. Big overlay ($8,450.00), I think once my bankroll is sufficent I will play it regularly. I didnt fare well, got my chips in with the best hand, but couldnt hold up. I was playing extremely aggro, basically b/c we had dinner plans with some friends and I didnt want to keep them waiting. I hope to have my schedule cleared the next time I play. I might even play it the sunday (monday) i am in Australia since I would be able to focus without distractions. I would likely pay for it out of my Oz mad $, rather than my bankroll.

My wife is fine after the accident. She is sore, and will probably feel even worse tommorrow. Apparently the accident was pretty bad though. Some kid (probably 23) ran through a red light, struck a young girl (about 16) and then he had a trajectory that had him going toward my wife. He turned his wheel and instead of hitting my wife head on caught the front passenger side of our Chrysler Town and Country. He then continued and landed about a foot from a large utility pole. If he hadnt of hit my wife he would have been in a lot worse shape, b/c she basically changed his direction and was the reason he didnt hit he pole.

Our vehicle suffered enough damage that it isnt drivable, but the impact was not severe enough to deploy the air bags. The car the kid was driving was totalled, and actually belonged to his mother. Apparently this is the second vehicle he totalled within a 24 hour period. The girl driving the other car sustained some lacerations to her head, but was otherwise ok from what my wife could gather. Her car was also totalled. Not the best way to start the new year.

Fortunatly we have excellent vehicle insurance, and shouldnt have any problems getting the van fixed in a timely manner. Its still an inconcience that we could have done without.

4 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger actyper said...

Man your have major ups and downs in 2006. Hopefully everything is all good luck in 07!! happy new year.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Jerry said...

yeah i hope everything is good in 07. I finished 06 a winner, so that is a positive. Now I am going to focus on good bankroll management! I think it will turn out ok. Who knows I might even walk away a big winner in Melbourne :-p

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger actyper said...

Bring me back some exotic pet. A nice croc or a guana. Not a koala though, i don't think they do anything.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Jerry said...

ash your killing me, how about i just ship you one of the many poisonious wildlife that live in Oz?

Here's a secret, my ass wont be going anywhere near croc's, iguana's, or even koalas. The closest you might get is a photo from the aquarium. I'm not a fan of animals that can a)kill me, b) eat me. Not that the iguana's or koalas are very dangerous, but i dont want to take any chances :-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home